turning on board sound off .....

quick question , how do i turn off the onboard sound ? i try doin so in the bios and then comp dont reboot until i clear the bios ...

Do you have a PCI sound card installed then?

Right click My Computer - Left Click Manage - In the management console click on Device manager - expand the Sound, Video and Game controllers... right click on your audio device and right click then select diable.

If that doesn't work then do uninstall the Realtek drivers/applications and then go into bios and disable it in there. Reboot and you should be ok, if you do have more problems then maybe a bios flash is in order.

What's your current version / hardware spec ?

reason y i ask is bc recently my onboard sound took a turn for the worse . everytime i try to install the audio drivers themselves my comp would lock up and not boot into windows till i booted to safe mode and uninstalled and emoved them from the registry . i then went into the bios ( i am using the most updated one ) turned the audio from auto to disabled i restart but i get nothing till i cleared the bios .. i am currently using a Sound blaster audigy 1

Which drivers are you trying to install? 5.11 by any chance ?

I'm using an Audigy 1 and would not recommend trying to get the On Board working with any nVidia drivers at all.. you need the realtek ones of the original CD Rom. But you don't need them if you are using your Audigy...

On board is no where near the quality / performance of Audigy !

I just use the drivers that come with the CD, installed all the drivers off the CD that it wanted me to install and it is all fine sound works, network drivers seem to work, i think the driver version off the CD is 4.45 or something like that??