Sign in to follow this  
Jester FPS

Help! 3 LED Status.

I just got an x2 3800+, popped that in, smeared some as5 over it and mounted a zalman cpu cooler on it. I have it hooked up to a powerstream 520w and I impatiently attempted to boot the rig but realized I needed to update the bios. I popped out the bios chip and put it into my other rig and flashed it to tony's 702-b bios, then put it back in. It won't post and all I get is 3 LED's. So far, I've swapped the 6600gt with my 7800gtx and that is not the cause of the problem.

My current specs at the time of writing is:

- x2 3800

- dfi ultra-d nf4

- g skill pc 4000 1x2gb (1 stick sitting in the orange slot closest to the cpu)

- ocz ps 520w

Also I tried the insert trick on my ps/2 keyboard that didn't work. I am testing this setup outside of a case and didn't have the hdd hooked up to it when I tested it, but this can't be the cause of the error correct? As it should at least be able to post without an hdd.. right? That and 3 led's indicate a problem with the cpu... right? :confused:

did you try to re-seat the cpu? also , all the 4 power connectors are connected?

I'll try that right now. Yes all 4 power connectors are connected, but 1 Q?.. Do I connect the P4 connector or the +P4 to the 12v slot?

Update: re-seated the cpu and still no post. Should I just RMA the cpu?

It needs to be the orange slot farthest from CPU

THANK YOU SO MUCH, TRIED IT AND IT POSTED!

Edit: read angry_games guide wrong. :drool: