Sudden Temperature Rise

Hello, Just the paste couple of days usually on a cold boot the cpu temperature would usuallu be around 38-39c and would stay like that for the whole time the pc is on for a couple of hours without doing much but would rise to 40 after a few more hours, but just the last couple of days within the pc being on for about half an hour the temp would go upto 44c with the pc doing very little at all, not sure why this is but perhaps it could be because it is getting warmer here and that it is nearly mid spring? help would be appriciated, thanks - Liam

Hello, Just the paste couple of days usually on a cold boot the cpu temperature would usuallu be around 38-39c and would stay like that for the whole time the pc is on for a couple of hours without doing much but would rise to 40 after a few more hours, but just the last couple of days within the pc being on for about half an hour the temp would go upto 44c with the pc doing very little at all, not sure why this is but perhaps it could be because it is getting warmer here and that it is nearly mid spring? help would be appriciated, thanks - Liam

What kind of HSF? Is it OEM? What temp setting in bios that sets the fan to come on full?

I'd blame it on your ambient temps. Has your system temp increased as well?

i had set the CPU Fan fully on if cpU temp is above 25c in the BIOS right from the beginning, because on default the setting was set cpu fan fully on if cpy temp was over 50c and the fan was only about half on and the cpu temp then was like 49c idle, but perhaps it could be something to do with having 2 case fans at the side on my case which blows air into the case? thanks - Liam

Alot of people don't take into acount the ambient temperature of the air in thier room. If the room is warmer, so is the CPU. I for one can't OC very much at all during the summer, as my room temp goes up to high to maintain a good OC.

The case fans are ok. I suggest you re-seat the heat sink and fan. Use AS5. A small 1-1/2 bead the size of a grain of rice on the centre of the cpu, and no need to spread it. My last cpu was 3200+ NC and the temp was 42c/55c (oc'd) with the original OEM HSF. Then I switched to Thermalright xp120 and it dropped to 29/45.

I do not know anything about your HSF. I know Thermalright xp120, xp90 are great. The Zalman heat sinks are good, but I do not remember which one. You can look at peoples sig and see what they are using. The xp120 has an added benefit that it cools the pwmic and the ram sticks because the fan is 120mm. I actuall run my fan at 70% speed using speedfan, so it is very quiet.

I do not know anything about your HSF. I know Thermalright xp120, xp90 are great. The Zalman heat sinks are good, but I do not remember which one. You can look at peoples sig and see what they are using. The xp120 has an added benefit that it cools the pwmic and the ram sticks because the fan is 120mm. I actuall run my fan at 70% speed using speedfan, so it is very quiet.

Yeah i was thinking of getting one of those Thermalright coolers but then i got the Zalman CNPS9500 from reading all the good reviews on it, i haven't fitted it in yer though i might wait untill i upgrade my processor.