Sign in to follow this  
ayeayre

peltier cooling

Currently runing a 226 watt Swiftech pelt on my Opteron.

Bottom line, alot of stuffing around for another 200 mhz imho.

I recommend waiting for the OCZ phase unit for around 350 bucks.

respect..

yea it sounds good to me will defenatly have to grab that , that means ill skip the watercooling and wait for it...i seen a peliter unit at frozencpu but instead of the peliters on the cpu its actually cooling down the water at the pump/rad system, i actually gave some thought in creating a system similar to that..with a few low watt peliters mounted of a hsf for the heat diss of the tec..and a large waterblock or rad type of plate on the cold side..cooling down the water sending nice cold water towards the cpu block..i might give it a try when im bored..doubt it will work but who knows..problem is the power req to run it as danvan mensioned earlier..anyway just to play around wif.. but yea will most defenatly give the ocz phase unit a try giving the price is right..till then jus have to air it..

I'm saving my pennies for the OCZ Cryo-Z, can't [email protected]#ing wait. Why spend $300 on water when you can spend $300 on a complete phase change sys designed by my favoirte ram company and Chilly himself.

:D