Guest Timmay

I have/Will Have

DFI NF3 Ultra -D

AMD Athlon 3200+ Stepping LBBWE 0529 CPBW

OCZ PC-4400 DDR550 1GB

XFX 6800GS

SilverStone ST60F

2x Seagate 80's RAID 0

Any thing I should look out for? I have read all the stickys. I have the A64 overclocking guide on paper infront of me.

Im wondering how well the ram will work with my setup, I got it because it only needs 2.8V to do its thing (as the DFI only goes up to 3.1-2?)

Any help/tips = (big thumbs up)

Try the ram in the Orange Slots to start out with. Seems some people with Venice cores do better with the 705/711 bios, whereas with San Diego cores peeps do better with 824/12/19 bios.

I personally have had my best luck with anything but 711 here.

Only use the 2 sata headers directly below the cpu if Overclocking. Make sure you disable cool N quiet if OC'n.

Good luck :)

Larry

I had to ramp my CPU volts to 1.5 to get the same chip as yourself stable at 240x10.

I'm on the 7/11 bios and have no complaints.

I can recommend the latest nForce chipset drivers (v5.11) if only for the chipset firewall improvements.

Generally have a good read of the guides (stickies) for this board.

If you're feeling lazy you can try an app called Systools. It has a "Find max stable FSB" facility, handy for narrowing down the speed range where your chip is stable for the given volts, memory settings etc. (I sometimes find the destination is more important than the journey).

Finally - I've had nothing but great advice from these forums, no flames, nothing personal, even for a rookie like myself.