USB ports just stopped working...

Hey,

Today I was installing a program and I plugged in a USB controller into the front ports to install it. I got an error saying that the device was unrecognized and may be malfunctioning. I have used this item before on this computer but I have since reformatted. While all this was happening I was using my USB mouse that was plugged into the rear USB ports. Shortly thereafter my mouse died also. It's working on a PS/2 connector now.

I thought this was weird so I unplugged it and plugged it back in and same thing. SO once the program was done installing I restarted the comp. and tried again and same thing.

I tried uninstalling the USB ports and controllers and restarted. Let WIndows reinstall the m and then still no luck. I tried every one of my USB ports and none of them work now.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on. This driving me crazy. I can't even get pictures off of my camera anymore. Thanks for the help.

Went through the same thing once (IIRC I used the front USB port also).... Anywho, what finally worked was shutting down the machine and turning off the PSU for a few seconds... booted back up and everything has been fine since.

May have been a fluke, but it's worth a try.

Weird cause I just noticed the same thing, one of my back ports just doesnt work and I never knew cause I never needed it before, then I though as you did and connect my Digicam to one of my front USB ports inorder to get some pics of it and it told me the USB device has malfunctioned so I tried it in another USB at the back that had my printer in it and it found it without any trouble. very strange

Not sure if it is the same problem or not, but a while back all my USB ports went. Started the same way with the front port not being recognized. The next thing I knew my mouse and keyboard stopped working (both were plugged into back ports). Even a clean install didn't help. I ended up RMA'ing for a replacement. Been working flawlessly since...

I wish you luck with yours.

Hello im getting the same problem none of of my usb ports are working. I tried uninstalling the usb so windows could reinstall it but it still dont work.I just picked this board up a month ago! Anyone have any suggestions.I could really us some help!!!! also i know its not the device i ended up buying a new USB headset.

I emailed DFI tech support the other day explaining my problem and all I got back was the email address for thr RMA department and the information they will need. I guess it's a common problem. I'm glad I have a few other mobos to use in the mean time. Thanks to everyone for your help.

• 2 weeks later...