NF4 Ultra-D and SeaSonic S12 600W

Unfortunally, i've got my S-12 600W only one week ago, it's rev.A2 also and it's don't want boot my NF4 Ultra-D at all. I'm not so care about it, because i purchased this PSU for second rig with eXpert board, that working together with not any issue. But, i have to add some interesting-the problems between S-12 and DFI mobos its depended to boasrd, because 2 days ago i assembled 2 really good comps with SLI-DR, 3700+ and 5x500W HDD's + 1xRaptor for OS. The both rigs was based on S-12-600. Strange, but thrue-the first of them working flawless with any S-12-600 PSU's, but second sometimes not started at all, or has cold boots ets.. i tried all 4 PSU's in stock, include nice worked in other rig, but with no any success. I was so tired, finally i changed the PSU for Antec HE 550W(SeaSonic biult, BTW) and the problems finished immediatly. So, for final words-the SeaSonic S-12 still probably one of the best PSU's on the market, but i can't to recommend it for DFI bards yet.

Hi all hoping you can help me here..I built a FX57/Vapochill/waterchill/7800 /Corsair 3500ll/ DFI Nforce4 DR with a Seasonic 600 watt psu...the bloke has been using this system fine since December last year..he emailed today saying it would not boot up, I have it over at my place now and for the life of me I can not see what the problem is..I swopped out the ram(its fine)/cpu(its fine)gpu(its fine) and have unplugged and re-plugged all cables and still it wont boot...the dimm led is amber(can not remember if this is normal) when I turn the vapo on it does the norm cools down before telling main motherboard to boot once it tells the board to boot the fans start..uv bulbs come on for about 3/5 seconds(the RED led's on the bottom of the board all light up but the last one reading left to right goes off then back on and off etc which I am pretty sure is not what those lights normaly do also the corsair ram itself has very odd lights on them..the lights on these sticks are generaly balanced i.e similar leds light up on both sticks when I try and boot the bottom stick has say 1 green 1 amber etc other stick is blank(I tryed other ram in his machine and still it wont boot and I tryed all dimm slots with same problem, his ram is fine in my machine)..I have searched the DFI website assuming those red led's are for diagnostics but can not see anything relating to them, the last thing he said he was doing with his pc before this happened was tacking photos off a memory card through his memory card reader..he walked off and when he went back in the room th vapo was still running at -50c but the pc was off? this is giving me a huge headache am hoping someone has some ideas...I have not swopped the power supply out because like I said he has been using it for sometime without a problem also the ram runs on the 3 volt line not the 5...I did unhook the vapo from the power on switch on the board and waited for the vapo to get to a good temp then powered the pc myself pressing power switch many times with no success :(

I can not see it being the psu because as I stated he has used this an awfull lot in the last 3/4months so am wondering if the board itself is a problem?I am at a loss as what to do next everything attached to the board works(I have not swopped the psu out though)

I dont no I have tryed looking at the main DFI site and through the boards manual and I can not see a single mention of the lights :s...I have hit a wall with this now, trouble is this is not the type of system you can walk into your average pc repair place with as its a full on 4000 pound modded monster :( they will take one look and think f that!

When I take another look at it tommorow I will try using a diffrent pci-e power conector for it and re-seat it again but doubt anything will have changed :(

Regarding Seasonic RMA in Sweden.

Got this message from the reseller (www.komplett.se), today.

komplett.se is one of the bigger resellers on the net in Scandinavia.

Translated from swedish:

"We (reseller komplett.se) has been i contact with DFI and Seasonic. Both

parties confirm there is a compatibility problem with some of Seasonic PSU's

and DFI Lanparty motherboards.

Seasonic will not replace any PSU's because they are not faulty. The problem

is with DFI's motherboards. This has been confirmed by Seasonic's test team.

So this is a compatibility problem and we can unfortunatly not accept an RMA

since the PSU is good. We have tested ourselves a faulty (obviously somebody

else had same problem) Seasonic PSU and could not find anything wrong with it."

So there we are. Angry_Games seems to be right about Seasonic PSU's. They are good.

EDIT 060329: Spoke with komplett.se on the phone today and they agreed to

replace the Seasonic S12 with a Tagan 580W PSU. Quite allright I think.

Hi all,

Well got her booted but it was a fluke because this has a vapochill attached the case power switch goes to that first once it reaches a min temp of -2 it tells motherboard to boot..I accidentaly hit the boot button on the motherboard itself when the vapochill was trying to tell the board to boot and the machine booted, I then restarted it a few times and it kept getting into windows..WICKED I thought...untill I told the machine to shut down..when I went to start it again it did same thing nothing! so I waited for the Vapochill to get to boot temperature and pressed the motherboard power button and she kicked in so looks like this Seasonic is one of the ones that does not like DFI boards or the other way around...I find it odd because he has been using this machine ALOT over a 4 month period? why would it suddenly start this..from what I have seen on these forums everyone else who had this problem had it from the minute they installed it.....im not going nuts right?lol its late im high and have a huge headache!

If it can take this long for the problem to appear I would say all Seasonic/DFI owners should worry! I have read that Seasonic will not replace these so I suppose I will have to tell him to buy another board or power supply! even though they are only 16 weeks old :(