Sign in to follow this  
xtremeplaya792

Music

i was gonna sign up for Napster when they first reopened too but their DRM was too restrictive...so I do the same as Roadie and just buy my cd's and rip them myself and then I can play my music on my Xbox, home, car, all my rigs, mp3 players, cell phone, etc.

uMMM, IMO>>BEARSHARE free downloads are the best. Don't care about the quality that much, as long as I turn up my Klipsh bass all is well.

Legal music>>yeah...don't know too much about that but my brother over here in the peanut gallery yelled out Napster. So there goes another vote for them.

Guest drteming

I get mine from i-tunes. My hearing's shot (years of being a bass player, standing next to drums) so I really cannot discern any improvement in quality above 128kps. For the stuff I really care about, store bought CD.

Now here's a question. After burning a CD from i-tunes and ripping it, the mp3 files are no longer protected. I only load them to my Rio mp3 player for personal use. Does this fall under fair use?

uMMM, IMO>>BEARSHARE free downloads are the best. Don't care about the quality that much, as long as I turn up my Klipsh bass all is well.

welcome to the first day of your 7 day ban

jeez

this is just too hard for some of you isn't it?

its like that show COPS where they just put a bike out on the street then they wait and watch all the criminals who try to steal it, and they bust them for it

haven't you guys got a clue in your heads about RULES and about DONT TALK ABOUT ILLEGAL SOFTWARE AND DOWNLOADING????

apparently some of you just can't seem to figure it out (probably because you can't be bothered to read rules or maybe you do but figure rules only apply to everyone but you)

I'm going to have to close this thread as its just too hard for people to talk about things that are legal without getting into things that fall into not-very-legal

before anyone cries about it

you need to remember this is a very popular site and the slightest little thing that might get us in trouble becuase you couldn't control yourself talking about it is why we are very strict about such things.