Problem with Speed fan?

Guest Indred_merged

Guest Indred

Well I just installed my WC setup and i'm very happy thus far. However I'm having some issues. My system will boot in to windows fine but as soon as i try to load Speed fan (latest version from the website) my entire system shuts down. I find it very wierd the only thing i could think of is as its trying to read some of the settings off the mobo it kills it. Ideas on how to fix this any one????

iv got the same problem with my mates rig who has the dfi ut expert too.. his cpu fan spins at really random rpm's it seems to be always changing... and wen we run speedfan the pc turns off...!! really weird

Its a problem with the Expert

Sandra and SpeedFan HArd shut down it, in sandra you can disable somthing, read in sandra FAQ which will fix it, as for speed fan, you need to run it with a switch, search the board, you'll find it.

i just have to warn you, i ran it by mistake, and my mobo fried. i suggest you find another program.

Guest Indred

I forget the switch that i uesed when i ran Speed fan. /nosmbus i think. It works fine but now i'm getting a very high reading Verry wierd. (69c for the CPU) and there is no smoke LOL????

Speedfan works fine for me, though I believe w/ the switch you lose some functionality...still has voltage and temp monitoring which is goodness, all I really need. Change your shortcut to this to get it working on the Expert:

"C:Program FilesSpeedFanspeedfan.exe" /NOSMBSCAN