Sign in to follow this  
Simple

new build dfi-ultra-d, im stumped...

1.keeps wanting to load 2nd hdd instead of 1st my raptor which is set to master, raptor is on sata1, maxtor on sata4, moved it from sata2 and it seemed to help..but still happens.

2.When i restart from windows(new install winxp serv.2 on raptor) i lose video until the next screen after the boot screen then video comes up..i think this is an ati thing, not sure..

3.Updated bios to 623. same problems.

4.Now im getting reboots just after boot up screen, wont go into windows until i go into bios and set to defaults and then reboot.

5. This board has been the biggest pain in the butt, little frustrated atm, i know its prolly my lack of knowledge or something but im ready to take it out and frisbee the mfer.

6.Was running msi k8 neo2 w/6800u etc. bought a new x1900xtx and picked up this board to sit in on.

7. Ran memtest no errors(timings 2.5,3,3,8) running all at stock. no oc's, ati 6.3's on video card

Im stumped..any help would be mucho appreciated, thx.

Guest thespin

When you install Windows you should have only the OS drive(s) hooked up ... disconnect all HDs until after Windows is installed ...

For the HD problem, Is the 1st HD set as your FIRST boot drive in the bios??

yes but its not like other bios's im familiar with, it simply says first boot: hdd then i have cdrom then the rest disabled.

any ideas?

In the bios there is a setting called hdd boot priority. There you will see all installed hdd, choose the one you want to boot up with.

In the bios there is a setting called hdd boot priority. There you will see all installed hdd, choose the one you want to boot up with.

This is what I meant, like voltes-5 said. You will see HDD boot priority and you want your boot drive to be on the top of the list..

The hard disk boot priority is the same as on your msi k8 neo2 .

see: Advanced bios features - 2nd item from top - hard disk boot priority - select enter

you should see a list of Drives move your os drive to the top of list - save & exit.

If you didn't follow this advise

thespin

When you install Windows you should have only the OS drive(s) hooked up ... disconnect all HDs until after Windows is installed

when installing XP then your 1st ide drive has been made into a boot drive by xp.

Best option would be to start over following what Thespin said. then when u plug in your other drives go into bios & set hard disk boot priority

i had a similar problem and everytime i booted up - it kept asking for system disk - etc and wont boot to windows - i had to have just the first drive installed

raptor and then install windows -- get it up and running and then plug in the next drive - or else it wont boot -- its not really a problem - just do one drive at a time

i just got my computer set up and its great - booted very first time - no problems at all with the ultra and memory etc. -- now i have to figure out if the x2 is working in dual mode etc. - do you know how to check that the x2 is working both cores ?

i installed the amd x2 driver from amd site - is there anything else i need to do

thanks

5. This board has been the biggest pain in the butt, little frustrated atm, i know its prolly my lack of knowledge or something but im ready to take it out and frisbee the mfer.

I have to agree with you, this mobo has only cause me BIG TROUBLES