Sign in to follow this  
kapbot

BSOD's and random lockups

Hey Folks, got some problems here. I'm having "lockups" on my rig, just like hitting the pause button... no mouse, keyboard or anything. The reset button is the only recourse when this happens. If I'm playing a game, the sound stutters when it freezes. Sometimes, I'll get a BSOD. The only one I've managed to capture is 0x0000009C (0X00000004,0X8054D5F0,oXX2000000,0X00070F0F). The only information I can come up with is that it may be a hardware error. Duh!! Except for the contents of the HDD, it's ALL hardware!! Even with the BSOD's nothing shows up in the event viewer besides the normal stuff, i.e., no hint of an actual problem. I do have some mini dumps, but I don't know how to read them, much less decipher them. Also this is my first & only socket 939 & PCI express setup, so the only things I have to swap out are ram and some cables. If anyone can steer me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

P.S. I do have the dual core AMD drivers & hotfix w/ registry mod. Also, even though I have the automaticly restart UNCHECKED it wont show the BSOD long enough to actually see what it says.

Thanks.

OK, I ran the Windbg tool, and it says that "ntoskrnl.exe" is the likely cause. What now? This one just happened a few minutes ago.

Thanks for the replies!

OK, I installed the latest drivers. For the time being, all seems to be fine. However, in the device manager, in System devices, "NVIDIA nForce PCI System Management" shows on the resources tab Conflicting device list

Input/Output Range 4C40 - 4C7F not available.

Input/Output Range 4C00 - 4C3F not available. Could this be related? I've tried uninstalling it, but it always comes back the same way when reinstalled.

P.S. Not currently overclocked, but all of these problems have occurred at any speed, including stock.

Thanks. K, bye

resource issues? try going into the plug and play section of the bios and resetting DMI pool, or whatever its called. I forget the name but there should be an option which you set to reset, and next boot it re-does all that data about the resources (the "I/O range" )

Figures I'd leave something obvious out. I'm running XP Pro, SP2. I've installed every single update from Windows Update in a vain attempt to solve these problems. I haven't messed with any of the services, save for disableing Windows Messenger. (the I.M. client).