Sign in to follow this  
Guest PaceY_merged

Load Optimized Defaults

Guest PaceY

Think I can load the optimized defaults w/ my current setup? I don't wanna fry anything if things are set higher than what they are now. Thanks

-Pace

You'll be just fine loading the optimized defaults.

However, if you find that you run into problems with your board, the first thing you should do is replace that power supply. Ultra's are on DFI's Do Not Buy list. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Other than that you should be fine.

Guest PaceY

Haha I'll keep that in mind. I should have checked up on that before buying. Thanks for the great info. So you see no problems w/ loading the optimized defaults? That's good man. Thanks

does doing this load optimized ... thing in the bios overclock your system automatically? what exactly does it do?

Loading the optimized defaults does not OC your system. It reads your memory's rom chips, determines a good setting, then makes a few other board adjustments which are faster than the fail safe defaults. It's the starting point from which you can stay, or OC.

Guest PaceY

Thanks bro! I don't see where it says Ultra is bad. I just see where it says OCZ powerstream is good. I see other ones that are good. I haven't seen a page yet where it says "bad psu" I might be overlooking though my bad