Amd Xp 2700 +

vinny

Hey guys im new here, i was wondering how much i could overclock my AMD XP 2700 + 333 FSB. i know most of the basics about overclocking and so on at the mo i have it overclocked at 175 FSB my PC spec as folows.

AMD athlon XP 2700 + with normal Heat sink and fan, 1 rear fan , 1 side fan, and 1 front, i have 2 sticks of PC 2700 DDR Crucial ram running in Dual mode, 80 GB hard drive, Gforce4 Ti4800 with 128 DDR, main board is a KT7 NF2-Delta-L, running Windows XP Home. My CPU Temterature on idle is arround 49-52 and on load gose upto about 60-62. hope this helps and would be gratefull of any help or advise....... :)

Get better cooling first of all, those seem to be quite high.  Next try to up the voltage of your CPU to see if that helps out at all.  When I had my 2700+ I had it up to about 185 completely stable.  GL with the OC'n

at what voltage did you use?

upping the voltage will also increase the heat factor. So what is there really to do?

even why my voltage is at the basic level. my heat is about 38-4o c. Even up to 45-48 on some really hot days int he 90's, and that is just idle...

Edited by d3bruts1d

Hey thanks guys ive now bought a Cooler master Airo 7 with Copper Heat sink, do you know if this is any good or not ? allso im a bit worried about putting the thirmal greas onto the heat sink to install it lol as ive never done it befor any sugestions here would be great allso :)

thanks in advance

P.S my Vcore is about 1.65

1st Welcome to OCC. Clean all the thermal paste off the processer with rubbing achoal and Then use Silver III on the processer. I like to do it in a X shape and it spreads nice when the heat sync is pushed on. Btw, That heat sync will be fine :)

-Edit-

Make shure you use a Q-Tip and soft paper towls when you clean it, and DONT get any on the bottom. Also Make shure your are Some how Electro Staticly Grounded. Eg- Resting your arm on your case, or even a cookie sheet.

first of all aplying AS3 in a X shape is the worst idea I have ever heard.

When u apply AS3 u want to put a light coat over the whole cpu. enough to cover it. go to www.arcticsilver.com for a detailed instruction on how to apply thermal compound. Their instructions work for all compounds. not just the ones they make.