Sign in to follow this  
longtan

Build goin haywire - Plz help

thanks for your help .

Ran MEMTEST for 10 minutes - on first stick of RAM it had posted one error at that point continued running , then the monitor went black . not sure y ? possible power management setting ?

Put second stick of memory in , and the machine reboots continuously with it in there....

How do i manually input the RAM BIOS settings ... Overclocker newbie here

One stick of memory should not appear to produce more errors than the other stick as in general this indicates a bad stick of ram. BUT as I wrote above the bios you are trying to use is old old and can with all the other little 'offs' here and there > be the major cause of your problem. But as "boatasiaus" says you should NOT attempt to flash that bios on that board until you get more stable and that puts us back to flashing the d*mn bios chip out/off that board so that you can get to a place more likely to boot. Your list of 'offs' and oddities is just too long without being up to at least a 3/10/05 FIX bios variant.

RGone...

having a quiet attack of tyretts syndrome here lol .... A hot flash of my BIOS CHIP OMG !

Where in Heck can i get that done in Sydney Australia lmao ? Or should i RMA the board ?

H*ll I thought they had all sorts of fancy shett in Sydney, AU man. Hehehee. Lot of what a MS red-nake would know about stuff half way or two thirds the way around the world.

RMA to the same place you bought from seems most likely I think in Au. And if that is so and then what? Do they flash the bios for you? Do they send new board out and it too off the back of the shelf? Help me here since you are on the other side of the world.

See here in my house I have a years old NF2 board that boots and I would hot-flash my DFI NF4 board bios on and actually Epox on an old KT-333 board went to the 4Mb bios chip before most did. So hot-flashing the bios would be no step in the sun for the MS red-nake this end.

So because I cannot see into your community for what opportunities are there; I run out of things to suggest to move forward past the road-block.

RGone...

having a quiet attack of tyretts syndrome here lol .... A hot flash of my BIOS CHIP OMG !

Where in Heck can i get that done in Sydney Australia lmao ? Or should i RMA the board ?

LMAO - At least someones gettin a laff at my expense matie! .... Me thinkest it is time to consult the oracle ...

reminds me of a joke i heard bout an italian guy who goes deep sea fishing and his boat starts to sink , anyway he radios the coast gaurd who say that they'll send over a fokker friendship .... anyway the fisherman calls em back n says ...i dont need ur F$%king friendship i need your bloody help : )

All the best guys ill tell you how i go !

Got in contatc with DFI taiwan who advised me of a mob to send the motherboard to in victoria... Advised them of my help here on the forum and the techo agreed and advised he'd hotflash my bios for me... yessss.. So now my DFI motherboard is safely tucked up in a foam box travelling interstate for some minor heart surgery . The joys of being a proud father lol

The joys of being a proud father lol Amen and luck with the surgery on such a young sibling. Good luck in the recovery phase and in the youths upbringing after surgery.

RGone...

Hey RGONE , any donations to the childs education warmly welcome ....Unfortunately not tax deductable lol . Im sure he could handle an extra sata drive or two or three ....

Thanks everyone for your help . I recieved my board back Y/day and am up n running again .

All the best & thanks again !