What Are The Right Voltages I Should Use To Oc?

btcomm

I have a a7n8x-x. I have one pc 2400 512 MB stick and one pc 2700 512 MB stick right now, 2800+cpu and 9800 pro. Right now both sticks of ram are running at 166 mhz (pc 2700). When I try to set the FSB in the 170's it becomes unstable. I think it's either the voltage for the CPU or RAM or maybe the ram isn't able to go that fast esp the 2400 stick. What voltages should I use and what is the highest FPS you think I could get it to? The ram have heat spreaders and the CPU has the retail heatsink on it.

Just dump the 2400 stick and get a new 2700 stick. You will have better success overclocking it, and you will also be keeping your system up to spec. It is never wise to OC with two sticks of different spec RAM.

Edited by FxXP

I run my CPU @ 1.7v and my RAM @ 2.7v

What speeds are you running your FSB and ram at? Also the same question to you tarkins.

My system runs fine when I have the ram and the FSB at 166 mhz. I tried setting the CPU to 200 mhz and the ram at 166mhz and the computer didn't post correctly after that, so I set it back to 166. What would cause that I would think that if the ram runs fine at 166 then it would boot fine unless the 2800+ doesn't accept the 200 mhz FSB, what voltage should I run the CPU at if I'm going to set it to 200 Mhz?

Also I notice you get set the agp bus speed as well, what is a safe speed to set that so the card doesn't fry but get a nice increase in performance? The 9800 has the stock heatsink.

Edited by btcomm

my specs are in my sig.

I have a V7 HS but I changed the V7's fan for a smart case fan II (running at 3750rpm, I can't support the noise at a faster speed <_< ). I'll get a TT silent boost as soon as it will be availaible in Canada.