Sign in to follow this  
cybervicke

[RESOLVED] Plugged all MB power in!

Hello i have just bought a brand new motherboard : Dfi lanparty UT nF-4 D wich i have problems with sometimes bios wont load but sometimes it does and i cant boot from a CD-ROM or a floppy-station beacuse it wont read the CD's or the floppy soo i cant install any Operating System or something like that or i cant update bios so please help me out with this. ( Sorry for my spelling but im a 13 year old kid from Sweden.)

You're not meeting the minimum requirement for the power supply dude....it has to be a 24 pin compatible and minimum 480 watts

Pretty much sure your system is underpowered

Cybervicke,

When you built your computer, did you follow the NF4 build guides found here at the Street? If not, you need to spend some time reading those threads and learning the proper way to assemble and test a p/c when using a DFI NF4 board. You can find one of the guides by clicking the "BUILD GUIDE" link in my sig.

Here are my first thoughts just by looking at your sig. and trying to read into the posts you've made.

1. Your power supply is no where near the minimum requirements for running a bare NF4 motherboard, much less a build with all of the gear you want to run. You need a high quality psu, with good power output, aim for 480W or above. And the psu must have 26-28A on the 12V rail.

2. There's no evidence that you ran MemTest to confirm that your memory settings are stable.

3. Did you try and install Windows with all of those hard drives hooked up? That's a big no no, you should only install your OS with the one drive that will contain the OS. After installing Windows you can add your other hard drives.

I could go on and on, but really the best thing for you to do is to read the build guides.

I've read it now but after the bios is loading som times the IDE RAID system is trying to detect raid systems but i haven't any raid system what is the problem with that? :S

If during boot the BIOS is trying to detect a raid array it's because you have raid options enabled in your BIOS. Enter your BIOS and disable all raid support. Make sure you have the appropriate SATA and IDE channels enabled for the number and type of hard drives you plan to install. Make sure your boot order is set correctly. For Windows installation your optical drive should be the first boot device. Make sure all extra hard drives are unplugged during your initial installation save the one that will contain the OS.

Your Quote "Oceanborn no man it's enough .. but is it something wrong with my MOBO?

Beacuse it wont boot from cd's or floppys" End Qoute

You are 100% absolutely wrong! Your power supply is not enough! Even if you get your boot situation straightened out I can almost guarantee you a never ending puzzle of BSOD's, strange hardware behavior, file corruption etc.

You don't even know how you sound with a statement like you just made. You can't figure out how to even set up your BIOS correctly, you didn't read the directions to begin with, and then you question combined hundreds of years of wisdom from forum members as well as paid forum moderators with a statement like you made above.

You'll be hard pressed to find good support here at the Street unless you're willing to LISTEN.

Just a quiz if you're brave enough. Go down my list in the link titled "My Computer Don't Work" and tell me how many of those fit you.

Just install with that one 80GB that your putting the OS on, have all other harddrives disconnected, both the cables and power. 400 watts definetly won't cut it, and I doubt it has enough molex connectors and an extra floppy for all the power hookups on the DFI motherboard. Don't forget you need 4 different connections for power on this motherboard.

Hey Guys Thanks for ALL the helping but i was reading in the Build-Guide thread

and i saw that i had missed a power connector cable to the mobo so now its working and im writing right now from my own computer and it rocks! DFI is the .!! :D

Thank you guys for helping me out =)

// cybervicke