Sign in to follow this  
sveisvei

Random lockups or reboots

Hi there, im having some issues after i moved to my new apartment. My computer has random reboots and often locks up. Ive tried dozen different drivers, but that doesnt seem to solve anything.

This happened after I moved to a new appartment. My 5 cents may be that the power is different in this new apartment, but i have no idea of how to check this atm.

Ive tried:

Format c:/

Reseating everything

New windows innstallation, home and pro

Tried with alot disabled, and only one disc connected

Only thing i havent done, is innstall OS on different HD.

If i check the system log, i cant find anything that seams to be wrong, the reboots doesnt seam to be BSOD, because theres not post of this in the Log.w

Im really really lost, here and would BE MORE than happy for your assistance, Thanx in advance, and I will be quick to reply any more info required to solve my problem. :angel:

Just tested to leave to computer in the bios, freezed up there as well.

Can it be the GFX card?

Btw, i used this equipment as well:

g5 mouse

Saitek gamer keyboard

Nec 3550 dvdburner

Everything is plugged in, and im running everything at stock. I oced before i moved here, but here everything is unstable.... Testet even more in bios now, restarts and freezes there as well.... im pretty lost :confused: :confused:

When you say freezes it just stops responding, the mouse and clock stops etc etc?

Mine used to do that, randomly but always soon after the computer had booted up, after say 30 mins it seemed to be fine. It never freezed in bios maybe i was never in long enough for that to happen.

Not sure what bios version your running but i found changing back to the original 11/23 from 12/7 solved the freezing, no more lockups since.

When you say freezes it just stops responding, the mouse and clock stops etc etc?

Mine used to do that, randomly but always soon after the computer had booted up, after say 30 mins it seemed to be fine. It never freezed in bios maybe i was never in long enough for that to happen.

Not sure what bios version your running but i found changing back to the original 11/23 from 12/7 solved the freezing, no more lockups since.

Thanx for reply!

I booted back to both avail bioses with winflash, no change.

But the problem is exactly what you describe, it happens within the first 30 mins, sometimes longer, but often 5-10 mins from start.

I was running 12/7, changedback to 11/02 and same problem occured, so i changed back again to 12/7...

This is so weird, im also getting corruption in bios when it hangs...

This may sound stupid but I'd give it a try....there's nothing like a good and old CMOS clear and load optimized defaults afterr....it helped me in a lot of cases...if that doesn't help, there could be a power problem in your appartment, in that case I'd try installing an UPS which not only serves as a battery backup but also "filters" the current that goes into your PSU....

Yeah, UPS might be next step.. done cmos clear for some hours.... ill try to clear it over night tho... and buy a ups tomorrow, hopoe i dont need a expensive one...