Call Of Duty 2 Cod2 Crashing

shouod i really do that dual core hotfix? it seems that i might not have to if i can fix it in a simpler manner.. can anyone help?

Yes, you really should apply the hotfix properly as described in the link I posted. It is very simple to do. They link you to the fix and they provide you with the registry patch so all you have to do is double click it... doesn't get much simpler than that, and you may find it resolves many of your issues.

No need to apologise LOUISSSSS! I was looking over the forum (may post later with a problem I'm having), saw your post and felt I could possibily help so registered. I've been using the program for several months without any obvious side effects, and it has sorted out a few problematic programs. The program is Shareware, with a 30 day trial period.

thanks i'll give it a try.. but as of now running memtest86+ v1.55 for about 12 hours have i have :

Tst: 4

pass:12

failing address: 0000f086a80 - 240.3mb

good: 79f5c714

bad: 7975c714

err-bits: 00800000

count: 2

chan: _ (blank on screen)

settings: ram: 200mhz cas: 2.5-3-2-5/ dual channel 128bits

ECC disabled

i dont know if this helps, but do you think i should just do this dual core hotfixed linked above? thanks in advance

update: been running memtest for the past 20 hours or so and i'm waiting to get a reply here to just tell me to stop and apply the amd dual core hotfix. or something else that would help with my situation? would corsair ram xms ram be better on my motherboard?

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=81429

as for the program MonaLisa posted...I've never seen it before so I cannot verify or guarantee the validity nor the consequences of using such a program.

I've done exactly what the link I provided has instructed, and all of my gaming woes have went away on both dual-core X2 4400+ rigs I have (except Tony Hawk American Wasteland but 15+ other games now all play correctly)

bump.. angry,rgone or another admin, should i stop my memtest of 22.5 hours so far with 5 errors

settings: RAM 200mhz / CAS:2.5-3-2-5/ dual channel

cache on

ecc off

test std

pass 33

errors 5

ecc errx 0

test 4

pass 12

failing address 0000f086a80

good 79f5c714

bad 7975x714

err-bits 00800000

count 5

chan -

any idea what this mean?? i dont really know that much about how to read this stuff