Sign in to follow this  
LOUISSSSS

Call Of Duty 2 Cod2 Crashing

i have everything in my bios set to default

2 current system is in the signature

just installed COD2 today. at random times i get BSOD and system reboots automatically too quickly before i can read anything. what are some preliminary tests i can do? if i get errors in memtest with my OCZ platinum 2 x 1gb at all auto settings in the bios, is it the ram problem or could it be motherboard problem? or is it okay to have problems with memtest? and does anyont else have game crashes and/or BSOD while playing COD2? what can i do/ did you do to solve this?

Errors in memtest indicate a memory stability problem. These need to be taken care of or it will keep crashing and eventually corrupt the OS till it won't boot into Windows anymore. There is more than likely no problems with either the board or the memory and all you will have to do is set up your bios and get some of those timings off auto. I would recommend doing a search in the stock speed database for your memory and finding some timings and voltage settings that will get you memtest stable, then go ahead and use prime95 to insure stability and that should resolve the issues.

i know the stock speeds of my ram are 2-3-2-5 @ 200mhz. i tried to set it to that but my game crashed under those settings and i decided to change it back to normal and running tha game now.. so far so good. but i would like to set the bios timings correctly

i understand, but when i had my ram at stock speeds it gave me the bsod while playing COD2. .. is is there something else i can do? my DRAM is at 2.8 right now but according to smartguardian my dram is 2.84, did i just void ocz's warranty of up to 2.8v?

the SSDB is there as a guideline/baseline

if a setting that is stable in the SSDB is not stable for you, then it is up to you to tweak it to your needs.

2.84v is more than enough for the 3200 Plat to run. I don't think I ever used more than 2.8v on a normal SLI-DR board for it, but it does require some tweaking depending on certain setups.

The memory problems may certainly be contributing to your trouble with COD2, but there is another possibility... COD2 doesn't like AMD X2 processors. Don't worry, there's a solution: "ROPE" (Run On Processor Explicitly) is a small application to force a program to run on just one of the processors in a multi-processor setup. You can download it here:

http://www.innes.org/

It's very easy to use, just alter the 'Target' in COD2's shortcut to (include the quotes, and I'm assuming the paths below are correct for your setup):

"C:Program FilesROPEROPE.exe" -f 0 -n "C:Program FilesCall of Duty 2cod2sp_s.exe"

Hope this helps. It certainly cured ALL of the problems I was having with COD2 on my system.

angry or rgone.. sorry mondalisa i am interested in this program but this is your first and only post ever. and u just signed up for the forums. i need to know from admins if this program can be trusted to not harm my system... anyinput from admins please?

and is this program even free? if its not then nevermind this post

Cod2 runs well on my x2 3800 I would not try to set the affinity to one core yet. First I would like to see your bsod error message. To do this you need to disable ASR. (Automated system restart)

To do this (if you don’t know how) go to computer properties/advanced tab/ start up and recovery – click on “settings”/under system failure untick the “automatically restart” box.

This should allow you to access you bsod error message. Then we can go from there.

:)

thanks i'll post any information i get when i get it again. but do you guys think its more ram problem or motherboard? or what other hardware?

shouod i really do that dual core hotfix? it seems that i might not have to if i can fix it in a simpler manner.. can anyone help?