Some Punks beat my my bro and stole his laptop!

ReelFiles

As much as I admit that is horrible, and deserving of punishment...

I live in NYC, and unless someone were to pay me in advance for the laptop, medical bills, and the money I would lose from being off from work in addition to some extra for me, I would not bring a laptop onto any form of public transportation and use it.

I was robbed once when I was 14 by a bunch of 18-19 year old n.. bums from brooklyn. I was scared to hell since back then I was a pipsqueak. One of them kept talking to me in some odd accent and this guy who snuck up on my left hit me and this third guy went for my CD player. some plumber or something got out of his van to ask what the **** they were doing. when one of them turned I hit him in the stomach and ran like hell before he could get my CD player or $20 out of my pocket. unfortunely he did manage to steal my tic tacs. If not for that guy in the van I probably never would have swung and ran, I'm sorry to hear your brother didn't have anyone stick up for him.

I see kids like that who pretend to be gangsta all the time. I'm done being afraid of them since I was afraid for at least a year to ever show that I had portable music stuff in public if I was alone after that. I watch 24 on the bus on my iaudio all the time, a bunch of bums on it or not. I'd rather take the chance of having to fight off 3 people just enough so I can run away than never bring anything of worth or entertainment out in public again. So long as I don't look like some nervous, stuck up, pipsqueak, or fake gangsta guy, I hope I won't run into any problems.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having lived in and around Chicago all my life, I see more people from the burbs prentending to be hard core, so I guess I agree with you. Consider that 90% if not more of the sales for hard core gangster rap are not in the major cities.

CYA and be safe when you take that stroll outside of your cul de sac

Guest Blooz1

There was an indie movie about that kind of stuff a couple of years ago, it was a riot!

These clowns from a little town in Iowa, went around acting like they were bad-azz "gangstas". They wound up going to Chicago, got mixed up with the "real deal", and got the crap scared out of 'em!

I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope that he is somehow able to get it back, or get compensated. Sounds like he went through a lot of work to get the laptop, and now he's stuck with a broken colar bone and the debt, but no goodies. That really sucks!!

really sorry to hear that. I got frustrated from here - bunch of as*hls...

Hope they find the kids or wannabees and hope they got penalized for their behaviors - there is absolutely no excuse for anything like that.

In big cities, it's even getting harder to walk, especially if you are a teen or a woman. My raging bull look in subways definitely have subconscious connections with these type of experiences...

Sadly this forum is the only friends I have, besides my wife, so I might be sounding off every once in a while. Thanks for listening. On a lighter note; you said penalized, hehe.

That always happens after watching hours of B & B. I am open for suggestions for punishments in case I ever find out who did it. I was thinking a spiked bat to the balls. LOL

or using their nuts for a heatsink on my Celeron @1.96V, hear them suckers sizzle? Sunny-side-up, anybody? LOL

As being born and raised in the Bronx (18 years), I see punks like that all the time....even in upstate NY. Hell, the reason why I got out of the city was to make something of myself. These little wannabes make me sick. If you have ever seen the MTV show "wildin' out", then you have probably seen "the Wigglers" skit. It is a bunch of white guys that look like gangsta versions of the Wiggles. It is hysterical and that is what I think of when I see these fake a$$ wannabes.

We have this term called "street justice". It is there for a reason. I can tell you many stories of how punks that do things like that get bold and find their way into a situation where they bump into the wrong person...with the right to blow their heads off. Trust me when I say it will get back to them.

A word to the wise though...never expose valuables...anywhere...unless you have a means of protecting it that fits in a holster.

I wish your brother well...and wish pain on those punks.

hey,, sorry to hear about your brother.

i grew up in brooklyn, and did plenty of riding on the subways.

it sucks when a loved one is robbed or hurt by a crime, but there is not too much, you can do about it at this point. back in the day people were killed for a sheepskin coat or a pair of sneakers. your bro's injury will heal, and he can always get another laptop...just be glad nothing worse happened.