delete a os

cgbben1

hey

I installed a copy of xp64 trial edition... and i want to erase it....it isn't on seprate partition..... how can i delete it?

FYI it is on a seperate hdd..

Thanks,

blaine

Hold on, its on the same partition as 32-bit but on a different drive? Do you have a radi array of some sort or is it just a span?

You might be able to go into disk management and just format the drive through 32-bit...

Keep in mind your boot file might need to be changed to work correctly.

Guest SuppA-SnipA

hey... can u instead re write ut master boot record?

do it by inserting xp cd, run setup, hit R when it first asks you, you'll be taken to a black screen and then select the hdd, you will need admin password. then type fixmbr

-----------

and doing it your way would be:

system properties window>advanced>under startup click settings>a window will open adn click edit button

and doing it your way would be:

system properties window>advanced>under startup click settings>a window will open adn click edit button

In ms config?????

what is the stock admin password???

Guest SuppA-SnipA

there is no password if u didnt enter one, and not in ms config, when u right click my computer, tahts the system properties window

[boot loader]

timeout=30

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional x64 Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

so if i take out the-----

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional x64 Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

it will be deletd???

what about the system.ini file... how do i delete that?