antec p180 - pics and cable routing suggestions?

Guest juice_merged

Guest juice

I picked up a antec p180 about a month ago and i have to say its the best case i've owned but i'm still getting cooling issues at times due to poor airflow.. i've read that this case was highly touted for its airflow and cooling abilities so I realized it was more of my own fault for not knowing how to do it properly.

Would other users of the p180 with excellent setups mind posting some pics/tips from their own setups?

I'm using a thermalright si-120 with a panaflo 120mm fan .. ati cooler rev 5 on my video card.. and the stock 120mm fans that came with the case.. as well as an antec neohe 530w power supply..

thanks

-tom

You'll prob still to need to hang a fan blowing on the PWMIC area to get best results. I also took out the middle fan in the bottom and added one to where they should have put it to begin with in the front on the bottom.

Pic won't do you much good as mine is watercooled...

-pickles

P180small.jpg

You'll prob still to need to hang a fan blowing on the PWMIC area to get best results. I also took out the middle fan in the bottom and added one to where they should have put it to begin with in the front on the bottom.

Pic won't do you much good as mine is watercooled...

-pickles

P180small.jpg

Lol pickles your avatar is the Greatest.....

@juice:

I would agree with you too. The P180 has excellent air flow and air circulation. I say this with little experience though because I have been trying to build my system for about three months now. (note sig) I have been fooling around with fans, and took some advice from Pickles. He said to take off that top fan, take out the top Drive bay, to give more room and doing so gave me more space to work with. After doing this I took the fan that used to be up top and moved it to the front, where the top drive bay used to be.

Recently I noticed that the Case's metal Finger guard is restricting a lot of air, so I think the next plan is to go to Fry's and take someone else's advice and cut that out and just use a mesh filter. I turned that fan on high and left the back on low.

ExRoadie suggested that the best air flow involves LOTS and LOTS of Intake and I believe he is right on the dot as well. As soon as I get this thing up and running I will take pics cuz I want to show off my case as well.

Update:

Ordered THESE today - $146 :nod: Already on Step 5 NEW EGG U ROCK

Still waiting for my Graphics card from Monarch.:(

Side note - Any one heard or used THESE yet? TCCD no? already @ 2.85v? Geesh