Sign in to follow this  
joelatino

Problems with internal Nvidia NIC !!!

True, it will never be fixed as it can't be fixed for the nf4 - the problem is in the offloading logic that has bugs in it. This will be fixed in the future nForce chips, but it can't be fixed for the nf4. The latest drivers completly turn off the offloading part so the nf4 now offers little/no advantage to other software firewalls.

Just to make this clear: what is unfixable is the hardware accelerated firewall, not the base Ethernet port (which for example works flawlessly in Linux if you don't use NVidia's driver).

I don't think anybody here has an Internet connection fast enough to actually require the hardware-assisted firewall.

Hardware firewall works great for me... and I noticed a big increase in the time pages load, compared to the software based fw I had been using. Been using it for couple of months now without any issues whatsoever...

Also, think my 8mb connection is probably fast enough!!!

Also, think my 8mb connection is probably fast enough!!!

No, that is not fast enough to be a problem for a software firewall.

We are talking something between 100 and 1 Gbit/sec here before you notice big losses in CPU time with a software firewall.