Sign in to follow this  
punker

Time to RMA

i would like to rma my borad cause my RAM is not working in it

my ram is on the compatibility list On OCz site

i know it's the borad cause 4 stick of ram can not go bad at the same time

i am not going to RMA the memory sticks cause they are not borken

they were Workinng fine before i updated the bios to 2005/11/14

i tryed downgradeing the bios back to 6/23 that did not work i tryed resetting the Cmos many times and pulling out the battery

i tryed other bios's 6/23 - 1 , 6/23 -3 it did not work

Well, just for crap and giggles did you try running memtest on all sticks? Your right, it's very unlikely that all 4 sticks went bad, but maybe one or two of them went bad? Try more testing before RMA'ing the board. Change timings, voltage, run memtest on each stick, the with two sticks and then with the other two sticks. I'm sure they ran great before, but sometimes everything just needs a little troubleshooting.

was just gonna say that. chill out and give it a go with one stick, and just keep rebooting and adding one more each time. see what happens

u know u have to use 2T i hope u tried this?

yea

Well, just for crap and giggles did you try running memtest on all sticks? Your right, it's very unlikely that all 4 sticks went bad, but maybe one or two of them went bad? Try more testing before RMA'ing the board. Change timings, voltage, run memtest on each stick, the with two sticks and then with the other two sticks. I'm sure they ran great before, but sometimes everything just needs a little troubleshooting.

the computer will haing at the bios screen

it started not working after an bios update so the memory is not bad

samething happion on my ultra-d upgraded to the sli-dr and was fix tell i updated the bios

Did you clear the bios using the guide? If not find it.

Was there something wrong that gave you a reason to flash the bios? Were you memtest stable prior to flashing. Did you flash wile overclocked?

Did you try removing the extra drives especaly the maxtors? What PSU? I feer that you are going to return the board and have a perfectly good one not work for you or to have you get a good one and mess up the bios again though that might not be the problem. I might suggest you get a back up bios chip if nothing else for when it is fixed and read up on hot flasing.

Please read the rules concerning location and sig- fix them.

You can get a flashed bios chip if you want do a search or just send back that one. Flasing with a OC not ready for prime/ memtest is a plan for failure. You can aso do as suggested test each stick.

Did you clear the bios using the guide? If not find it.

Was there something wrong that gave you a reason to flash the bios? Were you memtest stable prior to flashing. Did you flash wile overclocked?

Did you try removing the extra drives especaly the maxtors? What PSU? I feer that you are going to return the board and have a perfectly good one not work for you or to have you get a good one and mess up the bios again though that might not be the problem. I might suggest you get a back up bios chip if nothing else for when it is fixed and read up on hot flasing.

Please read the rules concerning location and sig- fix them.

You can get a flashed bios chip if you want do a search or just send back that one. Flasing with a OC not ready for prime/ memtest is a plan for failure. You can aso do as suggested test each stick.

i able to boot it fine with a other sick of ram some Corsair XMS Series CL2

but it's not my's so i can not keep it for ever

i do not want to RMA the ram casue they do not have tccd all they have left is tcc5 :( :( :(

It just seems like a setting got bunked up when you flashed. Reset CMOS then set ALL values in the mem page to the values suggested by OCZ. OCZ is pretty good about listing appropriate settings for each and every board they support. I've gotta think it's just a hosed up setting. My memory wouldn't work in memtest until I set ALL memory settings to what OCZ reccommends. OCZ is pretty responsive from a support perspective.