Should I push my Athlon X2 4400+ any further?

Thanks for the responses everyone. sQuid - that link you have posted is really helpful! :)

Until I do enough research on the matter, I have decided to back off on my VCore and keep it below 1.6V. It is easy to get carried away with overclocking just looking at numbers and not realizing what hardware effects may take place behind the scenes especially over long term use.

agenthex, I'm really sorry to read about your dead cpu and mobo. Can I ask what happened or will it just bring back bad memories?

The point is stability imo. If you are not prime stable 24hr how do you expect to keep your rig up and running? How long have run prime? My guess you’re probably not very stable past 3hr, if that. I would personal not push cpu Vcore past 1.5v on air, Voltage=Heat=DEAD_CPU. A lot of can do what you’ve done, but stability if another thing. See my signature for my settings.

Prime your rig for 8hr and post in the Overclocking Database. It is one thing to talk about it and another thing to prove it. Just the truth, dude. Good luck and hope to see your post.