Sign in to follow this  
Supa_chiney

ok.. its something wrong here??

cpuz0uv.th.gif

Why is the link width x2? shouldn't it be x16 or am I wrong?

If you have your graphics card in the bottom slot, it'll be at 2x. Move the jumpers to SLI position and you'll get 8x. 8x is more than enough to handle anything your card can throw at it.

And what will happen if i move it to the top slot?
It will catch fire. Just kidding. It will operate at 16X

Single VGA mode - 16X (top) and 2X (bottom)

SLI mode - 8X (top) and 8X (bottom)

Either move it to the top and run it at 16x or put it in the bottom slot and flip the jumpers.

it'll be at 16x in the top slot, but no cards on the market use the 16x bandwidth. 8x is more than enough.

@supraboytt - good question! LOL From my understanding, the jumpers just control the bandwidth of the slots, so ATI cards shouldn't be a problem with these settings.

there's so little difference (less than 1%...I will be showing everyone this as well as there are already some threads with other user results) in benchmarks when using 16x vs 8x

some users like to change out their chipset cooler and can no longer use the top 16x slot because of the size of it, so they have to use the bottom slot (and as said, change the jumpers to 8x 8x mode).

also

it makes ZERO difference which brand/make video card

I sorta scratch my head still when I see people thinking that ATI cards wont work on Nvidia chipsets and Nvidia cards wont work on ATI chipsets ;)

NO (and I repeat NO) mfg would EVER cripple their potential sales by making their motherboard chipset exclusive to only one kind of video card gpu (other than Intel and their old i810 chipset that only had integrated and no AGP slot, but you could still plug in ANY pci card from ATI or Nvidia and they would work properly)