Anyone playing Elderscrolls IV yet?

baaj

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man wtf is going on? First cold bug issues, now oblivion is giving me crap randomly and 90% of the time I need to restart the comp. It is giving me crap regardless of:

1) overclocking (both cpu and gpu stock OR overclocked doesnt matter)

2) using sb audigy2 OR onboard sound (while audigy is on, karajan is out and vica versa)

3) once I got ntdll crash and once java.exe along with oblivion.exe. Other times either it's a hard crash or quits to desktop caused by "oblivion.exe"

4) hdr on OR aa4x + bloom - no matter what I am using

i know what to do - c drive u are gonna die, format time a**h***.

Any suggestions?

PS: by the way, it is started after I start using my mach1 and passed level 13 - now I am a lvl 15 barbarian, known as skullcrusher in the imperial city. Also I was using the shaja + loreroth mods for last couple of days.

UPDATE: here is a ss of event viewer - starting from 3/23 all of them are oblivion.exe crashes (except one in 4/16, 4/12, 4/05, and 3/26) - check out last 2 days!! Initially it was giving oblivion.exe errors while exiting the game but last 2 days was a nightmare.

oblivion14eo.th.jpg

Update2: Uninstalled and re-installed the game, changed video drivers to 84.43 - played an hour and kaboom again - hard crash!

What do you guys think about my rig? Think it could run Oblivion well? I know the gfx card would set me back a little, but otherwise? Anyone else using this video card?

I would say that I think you could run it, but not with alot of Eye candy.

I have the same board, and my opty is running 2.2Ghz (stock speed).

I would say that I think you could run it, but not with alot of Eye candy.

I have the same board, and my opty is running 2.2Ghz (stock speed).

I would be running about 2.5Ghz, and mem about 200-250. I wouldnt turn up everything, but enough to make me happy for now, untill the video card gets repaced again...lol

Guest area51

The bad news is that this game seems to be able to put the hurts to the best graphics cards out there...the good news is once you upgrade, and you will, wow.

One of the most immersive title I have come across.

You know you are sucked in when you are sitting on top of a fake lighthouse watching a fake sunset and thinking to yourself damn this is beautiful...

The bad news is that this game seems to be able to put the hurts to the best graphics cards out there...the good news is once you upgrade, and you will, wow.

One of the most immersive title I have come across.

You know you are sucked in when you are sitting on top of a fake lighthouse watching a fake sunset and thinking to yourself damn this is beautiful...

Or when you are sitting in a REAL Shrinks office, and thinking you are still in a Inn with a barmaid :-P

Guys, I had my saved files get corrupted and I thought all was lost at level 22. Someone told me to take the quicksave.bak file and change it to .ess (whatever the savegame extension is...I think that's it) and BAM I was back in business. Apparently it's a redundant backup. Hope this helps someone!

Ok I got yet another weird q. If I put oblivion (or for arguments sake any game) on both my main rig and my laptop would I be able to xfer the saved games from one to the other.

Thanks

Sure, but you'll have to synch you saves. You must have some kind of powerful laptop to hope to be able to run it.