Sign in to follow this  
baaj

Anyone playing Elderscrolls IV yet?

i never buy the hint books because you can download user-created hint guides from just about anywhere...Gamespot.com is a good place for user hint guides (I get my Dungeon Siege II and GTA hint guides from there)

I found the book to be more of a history and the nature of tamriel. There were not really any hints, just something that helps build character to the game and increase the appreciation of this fanatasy world. Nothing in that booklet is really of any use, the users manuel for the game helps more in that area than the book. Its a nice short read though.

Yea you can find complete walkthroughts everywhere though this game might take some time it is so big for a truly complete one. The game takes so long to finish. I have barly ben on this forum sence it came out sence we are to busy at work to goof off.

Finaly at expert at Alchamy so I can use a good poison with just about every shot combine that with a good arrow and hit from sneak and you often do get it in one shot.

i got the book more as a quick referance guide. most RPGs i forego the book. but this one i knew would be huge. i havent really gotten into the game yet. i have too many games ATM, most of my time as of late, is accually spent playin the Spankerific Rumble Roses XX for the 360 =) but i intend on getting into oblivion. made myself a raw mage. all 6 schools and alchemy. it shoulld be intersting to play.

Well, almost hit level 11 barbarian - orc kind, hehe. I think I am in the middle of path of dawn quest. Just can't pass in my 2nd fight as a gladiator in the arena - while tar-meena solving the puzzle I start fighting in the arena and became a gladiator but my god - orcs are crazy - took 2.5 hrs (game time) to finish my latest fight!

I think I need to be level 13 or 14 to beat 3 argonians in the arena - bastards are attacking altogether and as a barbarian I am using weak fireball, cure minor wounds, and sometimes flare spells. Perhaps I should use heavy armor, as an orc I prefer to use light armor - strength 67, endurance 66, speed 66, and willpower is 67 - intelligence/personality is < 40 hehe... Any hints to beat those argonians...

i meant the information in the book can be found online. just google youlle find lots of resources.

I generally use GameFAQs.com for my hints and guides. I haven't looked at Oblivion, but I'm sure they've got something up by this point. They also have message boards for help on particular topics.

Keep in mind the special edition will be a DVD, I'm betting the standard is still a bunch of CDs. That alone is worth the extra cost to me.

Now I'm wishin I hadn't done the main quest so early, I'm getting to the point where i don't have much else to do - besides all the Daedric Quests (or whatever). Done all the guilds though.

By the way, if you hear about the missing painter go do that quest, its kinda cool, and might give your graphics card a bit of a break. :)

By the way, if you hear about the missing painter go do that quest, its kinda cool, and might give your graphics card a bit of a break. :)

Yeah of loved that quest. I killed those monster (i will leave the names out to not spoil it) without those potions, that was tough!