Sign in to follow this  
baaj

Anyone playing Elderscrolls IV yet?

Okay...I think I'm finally starting to get tired playing this now. Mastered the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood, got booted from the mages guild for killin somebody...and too lazy to start the Fighters Guild. I think I'm gonna dump the game until summer then pick it up again.

*ugh*

My right arm is really numb.

Guest FZ1

I slept at the mechants Inn and a damn vampire bit me! There are too many cool weapons...I never can decide what to use!

I slept at the mechants Inn and a damn vampire bit me! There are too many cool weapons...I never can decide what to use!

Actually you probably contrated a disease and didn't have a cured, happened to me too. Actually being a Vampire isn't a big deal, I just kept going to the same chick at the same inn every night...

the only visual issues I am seeing, is that the faces of all the NPC's I talk to the lower part of thier faces is a weird darker shade then the rest of the face, and its on everyone I talk to.

My Vidcard is not OCed, and I have played with different visual settings, still getting the same thing, I installed the newest drivers from Nvidia.

hmmm maybe its because I am playing on a CRT that is stuck at 60hz? Can't set it any higher, now when I can play it on my 22" at 75hz or higher I may see a difference.

Other then that, the panaramic views are amazing, water looks great, though I have not checked my FPS, but I really don't see any hang ups, glitches, etc in game play. I was awestruck when I managed to climb the closet mountain and really get a good view of the realm. I have not done any missions I have just been running around the environment, and running from creatures that I can't kill cause I am only like lvl 5-6, just wanted to explore, I do that with every game I can, because I want to know where I am, and where I can go. Then i go back and get into the meat of the story. I am just odd like that I guess, I did it with GTA3, VC, and San Andreas. If I can explore, its the first thing I do.

BEWARE OF MINOTAURS! I am trying to find a Unicorn I read about :-P

Guest FZ1
Actually you probably contrated a disease and didn't have a cured, happened to me too. Actually being a Vampire isn't a big deal, I just kept going to the same chick at the same inn every night...
Nope, I go tbitten. Now I'm a full fledge vampire. It sucks because you can only be out at night :nod:

FZ1: Seeing that you sucked the life out of that Opty under your name. It only stands to reasion that your a vampire sucking the life out of NPC's!!!:nod:

Nope, I go tbitten. Now I'm a full fledge vampire. It sucks because you can only be out at night :nod:

Nu uh. :)

You can go outside within 24 hours after the last time you fed, after that its not highly recommended. You do gain other bonuses though up to 4 days without feeding.

Like I said, I just got to the point where I'd visit the same hotel and feed off of the same chick every night, you don't actually kill people when you feed-probably a good move since there's only 'x' number of npc's in the game...

There is a way to cure it too, ask around at mages guilds and temples. Pain in the butt to collect all the ingredients though...

Ugh, I hated vampirism, played about 5 hours into one save with it, started out thinking it was wicked, but ended up just being a pain in the butt to maintain. I love fast travel, and so my feeding would quickly wear off, causing me to bake in the sun. Loaded back and had to do those 5 hours again, but it was worth it. Vampirism is too much of a pain IMO for the moderate bonuses it provides. :/

As far as bugs, there is a hillarious one in Imperial City. There is a beggar on the Waterfront with an Irish accent, but if you ask him about rumors, he speaks with no accent at all. The contrast is hillarious! Or maybe it's just me, better lay off the coke. ;)

As far as bugs, there is a hillarious one in Imperial City. There is a beggar on the Waterfront with an Irish accent, but if you ask him about rumors, he speaks with no accent at all. The contrast is hillarious! Or maybe it's just me, better lay off the coke. ;)

Hehe, yeah there are several of those guys located around the map as well as some female ones. A bug that I ran across that you guys can try is sky walking, all you have to do is get a horse and go to a hill area where you normally would slide down the hill a little. Try to get off, you will do nothing for about 5-10seconds, then you will get off, what happens is that you are no longer walking on the visable polygons and now walking on air, but if you walk up a hill and try to walk back down you will be floating at that altitude that you originally walked up to. Whats even more interesting is that if you get enough altitude and start walking around way up in the sky, you will start to take damage, I am not sure if the NPCs are attacking me or what but Its kinda fun for a few minutes.

Also another bug is that the radient-looking light masks the NPC's hair. So if you stand on the other side of the light it will look like they have no hair.

Guest shaolin95

Quick Q... how do I prevent my horse from going away when I need to walk around? I was able to get it without "stealing" it but sometimes when I go inside and come back out my horse is gone...

Anyone else see this issue?

there is no shadow blending or anything, its like ragged lines across their faces.

like if a guy were to have a really dark beard, and shave it like a lightning bolt or something, but on the females as well.

the only visual issues I am seeing, is that the faces of all the NPC's I talk to the lower part of thier faces is a weird darker shade then the rest of the face, and its on everyone I talk to.

I will try to get a screen shot, after I get my chipset cooler installed.

Quick Q... how do I prevent my horse from going away when I need to walk around? I was able to get it without "stealing" it but sometimes when I go inside and come back out my horse is gone...

Yeah this seems to happen a lot. You can bring it back by quick travelling to a town or any other location. The horse will be right outside of it. I dont know of a way to prevent this yet.