Anyone playing Elderscrolls IV yet?

baaj

Man, I thought my rig would be more than capable at running this game on full. I built my rig specifically to play this game. I had no idea that it would be this demanding on resources - my rig is far above the recommended specs. Might have to end up moving to SLI sooner than I thought :rolleyes:

Perhaps I shouldn't have phrased that like I did....It's very very demanding at max settings and a single 7900GTX has no hope of handling it maxed. At decent settings though there is no problem, I'm sure it will run just fine any anybodys computer on this forum, I have a buddy running it a a 6800GT just fine upstairs, albeit at lower resolution/eyecandy.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X850XT PE + San Diego 4000+ = works just fine @ 1024x768 with most of the eye candy turned up (other than HDR which isn't supported in the X850)

that's momma's musheen

mine (in my sig with the 7800GTX and dual-core @ 2500Mhz) runs like a champ at 1280x1024...but without another 7800GTX in SLI...it runs pretty much like the vanman's 7900...you can tell it's sluggish in heavy areas and a single card just won't be able to run it fast enough

its just like BF2...a single card can run all the options on high pretty well, but not in the high resolutions...but you add a second 7800 in SLI and blammo you can crank out the 1600x1200 easily (which is really all SLI and Crossfire is good for...running super high resolutions with all the eye candy on...a single card can run in 1024x768 or 1280x1024 with all the eye candy on, but it takes that second gpu to crank up to 1600x1200 or higher with all teh goodies blasted on full)

Grunt_Style,

How about just ordering it thru EBgames online. Wont take but a few days to get there. Good Luck.

too hard to gauge what part of the country ill be in at any given time.

my Xbox 360 arrived in phoenix while i was in colorado. and it was weeks before i cout ack to phoenix. of course they couldnt hold it. so ive been waiting for months now ot get one. but its not really a big deal. from what ive seen the 360 really isnt that great.

but lucky for me i rolled past Reno today and called the local EB. They had one copy left and i parked as close i could fit my Truck and walked the rest of the way. So in the end i got it!!!

installin it now cant wait. on my way to washington now. got myself a second 7800GT waiting at home. might order a 7900GTX and then have it mailied to my friend in Indiana. ill be there in a couple weeks. pop in the 7900 take out the 7800's mail one back to EVGA for thier step up program(for a second 7900GTX) and give the other to my buddy.

YUCK!!!!

got static. might be the drivers i got for my XFI card. but whatever the reason the game has intermittent static in the background. really killed the intro for the game. i hope this is something i can fix easy. anyone else got this problem?

i played a movie to make sure it wasnt the speakers. crystal clear. so its a software issue with the game.

YUCK!!!!

got static. might be the drivers i got for my XFI card. but whatever the reason the game has intermittent static in the background. really killed the intro for the game. i hope this is something i can fix easy. anyone else got this problem?

i played a movie to make sure it wasnt the speakers. crystal clear. so its a software issue with the game.

Sound works fine for me.

I'm getting some intermittent lockups though for some reason, maybe 4 in the last 10 hours. The first two I could get back to windows and restart the game, the second to last it just restarted by itself, and the last one it bluescreened. Kinda confused at what it could be, running dual prime right now and having no problems. Pretty sure the graphics card isn't the issue, temps never went over 44C, went ahead an put it back to stock speeds too. Could be a drive issue with it though, as the drivers I'm using are from Guru3d. Oh well, gives me something to figure out tomorrow.

At least the game itself rules, though it seems many people on the forum over at Bethesda are having some issues...probably with their Compaqs. :rolleyes: Just don't know how to turn settings all the way down apparently.

still on the prologue chapter. king just died so i chose a class. did a custom job. thought id go with archer type....but i didnt like to combat system for Bows. so i just made a standard hack and slash melee. hope this game doesnt have the cheap lvling exploits the other one had. its kinda hard to resist going from lvl 1-30 in a day.

at any rate im happy so far evin with the static in the sound. gotta go to sleep though. load delivers first thing in the morning.

played for a few hours now on my new rig =)

It's running at 1280x1024 no aa just fine for me. fairly smooth.

There were new drivers for the geforce cards released TODAY that had optimizations specifically for oblivion. get 'em if you haven't already.

I had a problem where the view was black but the controls were visible. When the game started in the jail cell, I thought it was supposed to be black so I was playing for a little bit saying "ok, I'm ready for lights now". I quit and restarted and it worked fine. However, at one point in the game it went out on me again. Maybe a bug...anyone else have this problem?

played for a few hours now on my new rig =)

It's running at 1280x1024 no aa just fine for me. fairly smooth.

There were new drivers for the geforce cards released TODAY that had optimizations specifically for oblivion. get 'em if you haven't already.

What drivers are these - whql approved (or whatever the official means)? Thanks...

Yeah, what you all said hehe. The game has a few glitches, buy hey, what game out there released and didnt need a patch. I especially like the character voicing this time around and cant wait for a few Plug-ins. Anyone have any website links for guyz doin plug-ins yet?

Im playing a Dark-elf, star sign of the Theif. My class is a Spellsword. Of course his name is Drago. :cool: I havent become adept yet at working all the controls so they are second nature, but who has?

Glad to see this thread on the DFI forums.

Has anyone else noticed the crappy textures around characters mouths or that just my imagination?

Anyway completed 1 side quest having to do with a merchant dispute and a graveyard.

Currently trying to find the king's son. (I don't have the amulet anymore)

I like the map travel system.

I'm ready to raise to lvl 2 but I can't get to a bed at the moment =(

Now I'm at work for he next 9 hours. argh!