Sign in to follow this  
JPeitz

Final Case Choice, plz help (plus psu choice)

I am looking at a Lian Li PC-V1000B Plus and am woundering if anyone knows if the following power supplies will fit ok.

PC Power & Cooling Turbo Cool ASL 510watt

SilverStone Zeus ST65ZF 650watt

Seasonic S12 Silent 600watt

OCZ PowerStream 600watt or 520watt

I am finally getting a new case in about a week when my next paycheck comes. It will be for my computer now but will also be the case housing my new build when AM2 comes out, so it will be a long term buy. I am looking at Lian Li PC6070B Plus II and/or Lian Li PC-V1000B. I like them both a lot, I have wanted to get both but I don't know about spending almost $400 on two cases! I like the V1000B becasue of the cooling, looks, and the fact that it is a little bit different but not super weird or flashy. I like the 6070 because of it's good cooling yet low sound levels (although the V1000 is very cool and quite too), and I like the looks...it is smooth and refined, though I don't know how I like the door. So my question is what case would you guys recommend, either by ownership, personal choice, or what not.

V1000 hands down. Or the V2000 if you ever intend to watercool. I've owned both and I'm more than happy.

Ya know, I am a complete noob to OC-ing and building PC's, but I have been doing my home-work for the past several months. I have changed my mind about cases several times during that period.

As you can see from my proposed sig, I have chosen the Cooler Master Wave Master TAC-T01-E1C.

The reason is--I saw more great reviews about it on all sites than for any other box.

Sharky Extreme (http://www.sharkyextreme.com/guides/MHGSBG...cle.php/3567566) has used this case for the past few months for all of their price range of builds.

They also recommend DFI (LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert) mobos, so ya know they are on the right track!

That's my $.02 worth!

Case recommending is wierd because it's a personal view, one person's eyecandy is another person's eyesore.

My choices would be Thermaltake Armour / Coolermaster Stacker RC-830

Both would fit everything bar the kitchen sink and look impressive to boot.

Frosty

Guest thespin

Those mountainmods are zehr interessant ...

Ya Mountainmods makes some very interesting cases, I like them but I don't have enough room under my desk; and yes you are right case choice is just that, a personal choice, but thanks for the input. I do kinda like the WaveMaster, but for some resone I have always been captivated by Lian Li cases. BTW how does the CM WaveMaster perform; cooling, construction, sound, etc... Thanks

Buy a case for less then a 100$, mod it, and make it look worth more then a 300$ case for half that.

I took my (then-2002) 90$ Chieftech, and working on it slowly, if things turn out right, it will be worth to me anyway, more then 150+$ cases.

i have both a 6070B and a V-1200B, which is the big brother to the V1000B. well, i gave the 6070B to my g/f after getting the V-1200B for myself. :) the 6070B may be a bit quieter but it also runs a bit warmer. personally, i prefer the V-1200B hands down. the V series is a "cooler" case in my opinion.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16811133134

Now, this is not the most attractive case, but $34 after rebate is quite a deal. I had been looking at the Xaser series as they have excellent airflow, and this one comes with 5 fans, and a controller. The more expensive in the Xaser series have up to 7 seven fans and a nicer aluminum finish. What I noticed in doing my research is the lack of engineering for airflow. Most cases are not designed to move air over the right areas. They miss completely. My Antec P180 is another case that has the airflow down correctly--high flow directly over the hot spots. Looking inside many of the expensive Lian Li types, I don't see the attention to airflow. Some do it right, many don't. It pays to take your time and make the right decision. Take the Coolermaster mentioned in another post here. Check out the images here

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16811119023

Two 80mm fans provide intake, one 80mm fan for exhaust. Air has to travel through your hard drives to get out. It would be very turbulent in there, and not as effective as smooth airflow over the hot spots. The PWMIC area would have no airflow at all.

Sign in to follow this