Sign in to follow this  
poot

7900gt & bsod

Well to ensure a clean install (drivers) booting in safe mode and running driver cleaner pro would still leave unused reg entries… try running Ccleaner or something of the nature. (Registry cleaners) in safe mode.

Also manual remove any .dll from nvidia in the windowssystem32 folder. (They will start with nv.. un can hover over the .dll and it will state the company of origin.)

I also defrag prior to driver install.

Make sure anitvirus is disabled.

That should pretty much ensure a clean driver install… if that should be the problem.

NVIDIA RELEASED 84.25 BETA 3/22

Release highlights

· General compatibility fixes

· Adds support for GeForce 7900 GTX, GeForce 7900 GT, and GeForce 7600 GT.

:)

I guess it was the 250 htt. It seem its just to much for my winnie's mem controller (2gs att 250). I dropped it to 245 and I can put it on x10 multi with no bsods. 250x8 even started to cause some boot issues. It would just hang at different points in boot up, besides that it would pass all test (mem & prime=20 hr+,3dmark,etc) with 250 htt at x8,9,10 but bsod'd in games after a few hours. anyway after getting the bsods with different video cards, and then the boot issues i figured it may be the cpu so i dropped the htt to 245 and it works perfet now (oh & i tried uping the cpu vid etc also b4 dropping the htt but still got bsod). just wanted to update my thread. i guess it belonged in the amd oc forums not here sry.

thx for the help <3 dfi.

*sent the 7900gt back going to wait and get a new cpu / vidcard after vista/d10 etc...

I have an Expert and it BSOD's as well with my 7900GTX's in SLI. I have a fresh install of winxp pro, installed dual core patchs from amd and microsoft, 6.70 NF4 drivers, and 84.21 WHQL drivers from nVidia all on the fresh install. I even made sure to wait to physically install my X-Fi until after windows was fully installed with all drivers so I know it isnt an issue with IRQ's.

BSOD's about five minutes into any game. I ran prime 95 custom blend 895MB per core for 8hrs and its stable. GPU's are at stock EVGA speeds nor have they been overclocked in the past. I would go to the 81.98 driver but it doesn't 'recognize' the 7900's,...funny how thats the driver EVGA includes on the driver cd.

My XFX7900GT UDE7 arrived yesterday and installed it. Before I even installed the card I removed the current driver and cleaned it up more with Detonator R.I.P.. I used 84.22 driver from Guru3d and been playing well since with FEAR and Prince of Persia WW. The only problem I encountered is when I installed Pandora Tomorrow there is the is "NO Non power-of-two render target support detected". Other than that it plays FEAR like butter. Even clocked it up to 567/835. Anybody have an idea what is that Non power-of-two means?

I havent a clue,... You know come to think of it Im going to try and run FEAR and see if it BSOD's or gives me the error your referring to.

I'm currently waiting for my 7900GT and this is just scaring me. Is this an issue with DFI or with nV? And is there an issue with all 7900GTs?

hmmm, I'm also waiting for my XFX 7900GT...but I don't upgrade from another nvidia gpu, hopefully I don't experience any of those bsod's !

Can you increase voltage to gpu for stability (96/9800pro's had lots problems on VIA 939 chipsets, voltage inc solved many) ? psu strong enough ?