Trouble with SLi Mod...

So I popped off the chipset fan (and broke one of the plastic pins in the process, anyone know where I can get another?) and did my best to perform the SLi mod. The hardest part by far was getting that damn epoxy off. I used a razor blade and sort of crudely scratched at the surface of the epoxy for a couple of hours. I had 70% alcohol, but it didn't seem to take any epoxy off. After a couple hours I could sort of see two contacts ( still alot of expoy around them, though) so I made a pencil mark and blew off the flakes. I cleaned the core and applied some AS5 and then put the fan back on (I taped the broken pin down).

I boot up, and sure enough, nForce SLi. Sweet! I load optimzed defaults and pretty much leave them as is for now. My computer now is acting a little strange, though. When I turn it on, about half the time it will restart again halfway through the POST process. It boots up slower and feels sluggish in windows. This may be due in part because the optimzed settings are slower than my normal settings.

I guess my main concern is that I may have scratched the nForce chip in several places (im pretty sure I did) exposing copper. How would this affect the computer? I'm running Prime95 right now to see if its stable, and so far its looking up, I'll keep posting updates.

Guest SuppA-SnipA

i dont think you have enough wattage, or a capable PSU for sli, or do you? try same setup but with one video card, see if it is still as slugish or weird at bootup. As long as you dont scratch a trace, you should be fine, if you do scratch a trace find the VIA's (solder blobs/points) and test with a Digital Multi Meter or DMM, on the ohm setting, it should read 0.00 meaning there is no resistance and there is a normal lining without damage.

So I popped off the chipset fan (and broke one of the plastic pins in the process, anyone know where I can get another?)
I have a few for sale in the for sale section.