Using an existing RAID 0 on SLI-DR Expert

Hi @ all,

I have some problems with my SLI-DR. It starts with bluescreens from time to time. This happend mostly over night and in an idle state. After a while the bluesrceens occured more and more often. I tested the RAM 10 hours with the integrated MEMtest+ without an Error. So i loaded the optimized default settings and no more bluescreens occured while i used an use this default settings.

So the RAM looked fine.I use a TAGAN TG480-U15 PS for a Venice 3000+ and a 7800 GTX. Should work in my opinion. So i guessed that the 24/7 VCore of 1.55 and the FSB280 killed somehow my CPU.I could load different stable settings but even with a FBS of 220 the Prime95 test cashed. I tried also a Ubuntu Linux distribution with the Ptime test. Same problem even with low settings. At the moment i have got a opteron pretested with the another SLI-DR. On this Board it worked with a vcore of 1.36 and a fsb of 260 up to 2.6 Ghz prime stable. I tried it on my board an got a crash after 10 Minutes with a fsb of 220. I tried different settings for the Geil One TCCD rams but same problem and i couldnt get it stable.

At least i am about to buy me another SLI-DR to test whether my mobo has a problem. In this case i would like to buy the expert version of the SLI-DR and here the question.

Is it possible to "plug and play" my existing RAID0 onto the expert version of the board ?

Greetz Christian

It is "possible" if the raid shows as healthy. I was able to plug my existing raid from my Expert to my Venus, and it worked fine. BUT, they are both Expert's. It is more than possible it will work, but I think you you would be asking for trouble. Better to do a fresh install.

Well that wouldnt be he worst case if i just have to plugin both used HDDs and all i need to do is to reinstall Windows. I just want to check out whether the raid controller on the expert could "destroy" the existing raid array if i connect the HDDs to it.

• 4 months later...

And now you need to take care of your power supply problem. It is the root of all of the problems that got you started in this direction to begin with.

All evidence and respected advice, opinions and recommendations by users, engineers, mods, forum members and so on indicate that ALL NF4 based boards require a power supply capable of delivering AT A MINIMUM 480W of clean stable power witih at least 26A on the 12V rail.

You are inviting impending doom and disaster as long as you continue to run that BQ DPP 430W power supply.