Laptop Stuff

Psywar

Aight guys.. Laptops... r well.. I dont use them So I dont know jack about em.. My women has one.. and I was using it the other night.. and It got extreamly hot.. well I noticed theirs a fan inside of the laptop.. but it doesnt work..

I was going to attemp to open the laptop.. but the display is in the way.. i need to get to some screws under the display to actually open it..

The Laptop is a Dell Inspirion 4100 I belive..

ANyone have any idea how to fix the fan? or how to open up the laptop?

Dell said I could send it to them.. but it would take 4 to 6 weeks.. yadda yadda and their going to prolly charge me a buttload of cash..

and all of her stuff is on that so she really cannot be with out it..

thanks..

Im not shure how to take that one apart, but heres the good thing. The fans in the laptop are like the fans in a pc. There usuaily on a 3 pin connecter, and look the ones you can add into a pci slot on a pc. The fans probely just cloged with dust. So Clean it up, take the blade section out of the motor houseing and put some cooking oil on a q-tip and oil it up. Stick it back in, plug it back in and should work. If it doesnt, then the motor its probely burned out. You can serch arround on the net and find a new one pretty easily. Hope this helps ya

most dells / toshibas take a special tool to open the case. which means you're supposed to be certified to work on them (ie know what you're doing :rolleyes: ). but I say that's not the way it should be. Let me know if you're gutting the whole thing and I can swing by with the tool for ya.

i thought mine was broke too, but it ended up that its heat sensitive and has to get so hot beofre it turns on! Just a thought yours might be the same way! And mine gets so hot over the memory panel on the bottom that you literally can't touch it!

ha something i know about worked on that model today humm to take that model apart take all the screws in the bottom out ya their like 20 in all i think take the drives out and turn it over open up the case man this will take forever just pm me and all walk you thru it whenever you have an hour to waste oooo by the way i work for dell its not that hard all walk you thru it :D

Big Red take a look in to that tool for me please,

and Justinal, I will hit you up sometime this weekend..

We will get on AIM or something or I will give u a call on the phone.. but that might be a pain in the arse..