do i need to up the vcore?

Hi

Just set some new settings in the bios in order to reach 2600 on my opty 165 (288 x 9 = 2592, 133DDR, 3 x 288 = 864), and now it wont boot. It gets to the point where it would usually say verifying DMI pool, but instead the cursor blinks and after 5 seconds, it reboots.

I thought I might need to up the vcore, so I tried one step - nothing. I tried another step - nothing! Its now set at 1.35 * 104.8%. Do I need to up it some more?

You should do that procedure in reverse...to find out if vcore is even your problem.

Start at 1.4 + 1.09%. This will give your roughly 1.52v. If your system boots, test with prime95 etc.

If your stable at 1.52 drop the % down a bit to 1.07%. Keep doing this untill you have stability issues then raise the % again. Test for stability and you should find your sweet spot.

And your ltd is wrong...

288x2 = 576 x 3mult = 1728

1728 is perfectly ok as it's below 2000.

Don't be so scared of the vcore..if your temps are good, start at what I suggested.

Let us know how you fair.

Thrac

but isnt 1.45v considered to be the maximum safe voltage for a 165?

So your trying to overclock (which is above factory stock speeds) but you don't want to obtain a overclock by going over the "Safe limit"?

Who said 1.45 was the safe limit? Your listening to the wrong people..you have a overclockers board...USE IT.

As I said, if your temps are ok, follow the instructions I gave you...if you don't want to hear what the "help" has to offer you shouldn't have asked in the first place.

MANY people, including myself run 1.6+ vcore on both single and dual core.

If vcore is worrying you, you shouldn't have purchased that motherboard and you shouldn't be trying to overclock. Run stock speed and stock vcore.

If you do want to overclock, with that motherboard, you are going to have to get up the courage to push your system. 1.52 volts is barely high for your chip.

Relax a bit, take a deep breath, up your vcore and follow my instructions. You will thank me later and will rest easy tonight knowing you didn't listen to the masses of newbs ranting that nominal vcore adjustments will blow your system up.

Cheers,

Thrac