Sign in to follow this  
tatts

ram / mobo problems? BSODs

ive got a weird problem atm, i thought it was GFX driver related at 1st but now not sure, COD2 keeps freezing or giving me bsod's running @ ddr400 but is fine 95% of the time when i run ddr333 (although the ram is ddr550 & never had a problem while the ram was running @ 250mhz but when i dropped off to stock speeds the problem started)

but i have noticed, when it freezes the ram is very hot & one stick is hotter than the other (even when ive switched slots)

the other thing is, if i boot at ddr333 then change to ddr400 using a64 tweaker, the pc freezes instantly :confused:

i have run memtest & sp2004 ram stress without problems so far so im kinda lost, any have any ideas? mobo, ram or config at fault?

(i did notice the mem usage is mostly at 55,000k running cod but other times goes to 200,000 & usually freezes shortly after)

id say 70% of the bsods are nv4disp.dll plus ive had, 0x00000050 .. 0x0000000a .. 0x0000000d1 & today for the 1st time i got DXG.SYS & had 2 recently which said dumping physical memory (cant remember code)

specs in sig & hope theres enuf info here

ive installed the hotfixes etc for dual core & it passed prime overclocked np for 8 hours so is really doing my head in. i did have alot of gfx driver problems and have installed/un-installed so many but that wouldnt make my so friggin hot