redline and expert

Guest gijoe_merged

Guest gijoe

Hi there ,

If you are useing this combo could you please post your bios.

The reason i ask is i am having endless problems with this.

Tryed 3 sets as i coiuldnt get them over 225 even with a divider lol.

So the big problem i tryed to change the bios and try my gskill f1

cant even boot with one or 2 sticks in any slot.

tryed the same with the reds and cant boot with 2 in any slot,1 will boot but not the 2.

I ve been using these before without to much effort but i was wondering if theres any one thats had maybe a same problem and had some luck with any 1 bio.

thx in advance

joe

Hi

I am using an Expert and the Mushkin Redline Extreme 2G set, am currently in the process of O/C with an AMD 4800+ (I am using the orange slots for the RAM)

The AMD maxed out at 2664 (222*12) and so far the RAM has passed 30 passes of memtest with a FSB of 230.

You should be OK at 225 and what problems have you had? P 95 failure Memtest failure etc.?

You may also wish to do a search under the overclocking database to see if anyone else has had success with this RAM.

Guest gijoe

hi,

Thx for the reply :)

The problem is that i cant boot into the bios with more than one stick(512) in any ram slot since i ve changed the bios.

Seems they only like the origainal bios and wont do 2x512 with the 12/7 or tonys.

So i was more or less wondering if anyone had more luck with onther set of bios other than the 2 that i ve tryed.

ps.reason for the change was to try to get my gskill to work but they wont even go with 1 stick in any slot with any of the 3 bios i ve had on this board.

best

joe

Hi

I am using the 7/12 Expert BIOS and the only problem that I have had was that it did NOT like me running my 4 sticks of G.skill 512 hence the swap to the 2G Mushkin set.

I would suggest doing a 24 hour clear of your CMOS then do a fresh BIOS flash followed by a further 10 min CMOS clear BEFORE entering the BIOS to enter the date and load optimised default settings. That may well help resolve any problems that you are having.

Guest nomad

I am running the 2x1G Redlines and I have to run at least 2.75Vdimm to get both sticks to work. If the board is cold, sometimes I have to remove one stick and run 2.8Vdimm to the memory.

This sucks because in my Ultra-D they ran up to 265Mhz with 2.65 DMM tested no problem. I am using the E704-2BT bios and it seems to be working the best. I really hate having to run that much needless Vdimm just to get the thing to boot.

any success with that funny 24h-CMOS-clear gijoe?

I'm struggeling here myself with my OCZ's - they don't go above 245Mhz...

// Signature (manually inserted because it's not showing up automatically) //

DFI LANParty UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert Rev. AA0 :rolleyes:

Bios X704-2BT

Opteron 170 @ 2600 (1,45v // 10x 260FSB/236RAM // h2O)

2x1024MB OCZ PC4000EB (OCZ5001024EBPE)

2x 120GB Hitachi SATA HDS722512VLSA80 RAID0

1x 250GB Hitachi ATA100 HDS722525VLAT80

1x 250GB Samsung SATA2 SP2504C

Plextor DVDR PX-716A

NVIDIA GeForce7800 GT (GV-NX78T256V-B)

Zalman ZM460-APS 460W power supply

Creative Audigy II card (1st Slot)

AVM FRITZ!Card DSL (2nd Slot)

Windows XP Pro SP2 (nLite)

Guest gijoe

no m8

nothoing will boot with 2 sticks atm :(

have no idea what to do from here.

tbh i am dumping the board and going back to my sli dr for me a much better board :)

best joe

Okay do you have the original Redlines with the Winbond UTT IC's the stuff that needs 3v or more to do 260's cause thats what I have and really had no trouble other than it transfering too much heat to my video cards running at 267 and even up to 271 but I didnt leave it there for long certain games would crash do to heat even the passive cooling I have a 120 mm Fan pushing 45cfm wasnt enough to keep it cool....

Either way what exactly do you have cause im noticing everyone else has the new stuff.....(I dont like it as well but its also very different from the originals)