Silencer 5 vs Zalman VF700 Cu

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, I just spent $40 just on a chipset cooler. I don't think it's that overpriced at $49, considering it's build quality. I've tried Arctic Cooling on my other video cards, too much cheap plastic.

vf700 has almost the same build quality and cost only about $30.

Less plastic != better in terms of performance.

Hmm, I apologize if I'm overlooking something. But what does the plastic on the Silencer have to do with anything? As far as I know the plastic part is a duct, I might be wrong but plastic seems like the material of choice to use for ducts.

Personally the Silencer is a lot more quiet than the Zalman (even with it at 5v). My comp runs cool and very quiet and the Zalman was by far the loudest thing in the system.

And as far as the weight of the Zalman, some of the stock hsf on the 7800 series weighed just as much as the Zalman.

Hmm, I apologize if I'm overlooking something. But what does the plastic on the Silencer have to do with anything? As far as I know the plastic part is a duct, I might be wrong but plastic seems like the material of choice to use for ducts.

Personally the Silencer is a lot more quiet than the Zalman (even with it at 5v). My comp runs cool and very quiet and the Zalman was by far the loudest thing in the system.

And as far as the weight of the Zalman, some of the stock hsf on the 7800 series weighed just as much as the Zalman.

I owned both.

vf700 in full speed mode is louder than silencer.

They both cool very good and very efficient.

For case with poor airflow I would suggest silencer.

I have a evga 6800gt(420/1200w/20pipes) and I'm using a vantec iceberq5 with orignal mem sinks, and i'm getting idle=53c load=77c. This prob has more to do with case air flow than the cooler.