Kids (13 And Under) And Cell Phones

Sainou-Kun

Do you think kids realy need Cells?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think kids realy need Cells?

• Yes! Everyone in the world should have them!
    • Only if There out alot or Home alone.
    • They only have them to show off.
    • No way. Why do they Need them?
    • Cell Phones should die!!
    • Cell phone? Whats that?

yeah i love my driect connect i use it all over the country. but i hate the dead spots this my area. i really hate it when i at work in one of the schools there is not signal at all and i have to use land lines

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i lived in London I had a cell phone and have to say i really needed it at the time. When i moved back to the us i didnt have a need for one and live hapily without one. Alot of ppl i know in school that are active in sports or work do need them however alot of ppl have them as a status symbol and need a life.

I once had a cell phone... then i found out they caused brain tumours and then i started to use to switch what ear i was use my cell phone in to even out the tumour placement... anyways DIE CELL PHONES!

yes, if i use a cell phone every day for twenty years, i may take 2 minutes off my life... OH NO!

By the way, Mist, i agree, most people that have a cell phone don't really need them. I never come close to my allotted minutes each month (although that's partially because i use it mostly on nights and weekends since it's unlimited then), but it's still very useful, even if it's not NECESSARY. It helps for keeping in touch long distance, plus when you have to call companies for whatever reason, you don't have to worry if they have a 1-800 number or not. Oh, and of course, it's very helpful when you're traveling around a lot in your car and you get lost or in trouble.

Ive got a cell phone....but im not 13 and under....

Ive had my phone since i was 13 however and the only reason my parents bought it for me was because i was always going to the mall and stuff after school without telling my parents where i was going

So i think kids who are home alone or are out alot should have one and everyone else should have one just in case of emergency

Ive got a cell phone....but im not 13 and under....

Ive had my phone since i was 13 however and the only reason my parents bought it for me was because i was always going to the mall and stuff after school without telling my parents where i was going

So i think kids who are home alone or are out alot should have one and everyone else should have one just in case of emergency

i know what you mean. When i was 12-14 (i can't remember exactly), i walked over to my friend's house after school (cause his house was literally 30secs from it), and hung out there without telling my parents. My mom wound up calling the cops to look for me <_>

however, i think that kids should just have prepaid phones for the sole purpose of calling home and emergencies. Parents should make them aware that it's only for the immediate family (and maybe a neighbor or grandparent), and that the kid shouldn't give out the number to friends. i don't consider prepaid phones "cell phones".

:withstupid: that was my first plan when I got my phone.. It was a pain in the arse though.. if you dident reactivate it with in a certain amount of time.. U would have to call back in .. get a new phone number etc.. it was dumb..

:withstupid: that was my first plan when I got my phone.. It was a pain in the arse though.. if you dident reactivate it with in a certain amount of time.. U would have to call back in .. get a new phone number etc.. it was dumb..

actually, that's not entirely true anymore. I have a real cell phone, but both my parents have prepaid they keep in their cars for emergencies. They use TracFone. They pay $80 or $90 for 250minutes and it lasts the whole year. Also, if they renew it, they keep any unused minutes, and they barely use any minutes anyhow since it's only for emergencies. They used to get a new card every 2 months originally, but they realized it was worth just getting a full year's card because it's less hassle. They don't have to worry about having to refill it and losing their #, etc. like you said.

I live in a pretty well off town money wise and when I went to see some of my 6th grade teachers there were like 5/6th graders on cellphones and I was kinda like what the heck.. I was kinda shocked to see all these kids with them...Then when you see the 7/8th graders with them its kinda annoying I guess. I didnt get mine till I was a soph in HS and I had to pay for my phone and stuff. I think the cellphone is no longer just a phone but a way to show how much money you or your paraents have. Like a shiney new radon 9800All in wonder, Being the new color phones with all there cool things, or a geforce 3ti 400, being the old Gray Scale phones that are well Just phones.