Power Supply Help

Gailahan

I need help choosing the right power supply. I am currently looking at the Enermax Noisetaker II 600w EG701AX VE(W) SFMA and the PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 510 power suppies for the system in my sig. One of the big differences that I noted between the two is that the Turbo-Cool 510 has 34a/38a on the +12V rail, while the Noisetaker II is 22a + 22a split rail. Does anyone have any opinions or recommendations? I'm also afraid that both of these power supplies might still not be enough to power my system, but there is a huge jump in price for the PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 850 and 1kw. What do you all think?

I really don't think the powerstream 520w has enough juice for my system, and I don't think that that FSP power supply is as good as the Enermax or PC Power & Cooling power supplies. No one has any recommendations on the Enermax Noisetaker II vs. the PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 510, or if I'll need even more power than both of these can provide?

I`m gonna barge in here excusing myself in advance to the guy who started this thread as I need some advice on which PSU to get...I`m considering the antec neo he 550w, I`ve read that there was a serious issue with the asus nforce4 boards, does anybody here know if this PSU has any known issues with the Lanparty.?

My motherboard is an Nforce4 SLI-D

any info on this PSU and please, I don`t need advise on how good the powerstream from OCZ is, because I know that already, but I have a small case (antec super lanboy) and any powersupply deeper than 15cm will basically touch my DVD-rom and that cannot happen....

thanks guys

• 4 weeks later...

I have got the ANTEC NEO HE 550 w and running a DFI Lanpart SLI DR mobo. Works beautiful!!! No problems encountered so far and I am running a lot of stuff on it. I game heaps and never have encountered any problems. Run highly intensive appz and games for ages and runs like a dream. You are right in saying that there were some people with ASUS A8N mobos who had probs with the NEO though. I recently build a comp with an ASUS A8N Sli deluxe mobo and used the NEO PSU on that and it worked perfect. Not sure why others were having probs I surely didnt.

I got out my Antec PSU tester and did a few tests and the readings I got were awesome. Extremely happy chap here!