DFI Ultra D 3 Leds No boot.

Does 3 leds mean its a memory issue? I tried putting the memory in different slots ect. I also tried using one stick in every slot. I was going to go get a cheap stick and jump it would a 128 mb stick of pc2700 work? Thanks.

Yeap 3 LED's is a memory issue... Though it could be your ram works fine, just that the motherboard has a hard time detecting it (I've had the same trouble with the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum also, very common I guess...) Your power LED is blinking on and off correct?

For me to get out of this issue, I did what someone posted before on this forum... I just forgot who :D

1. Turn off the computer, unplug the PSU cable, 24-pin and 4-pin (molex and 12v), anything connecting directly from the PSU to the mobo.

2. Hit reset and power a couple times to get rid of the electricity stored in the motherboard.

3. Replug everything and hope it works.

*If it doesn't work, wait a few hours before replugging back in the 24-pin and 4-pin's (both molex and 12v) along with the psu cable into the psu.

3. Replug and hope it works.

I remember I had this problem before. I thought my computer was fudged up. I just let it sit for like a month with everything plugged in and one day I tried it and it came on. I was like wow that's weird.

This is what I have been trying.

1. Removed all four power connectors.
  2. Set CMOS to clear and removed battery.
  3. I also read in a post that you could try shorting the battery out. I tried this as well.
  4. I tried all the DIMMS. I also tried with both sticks of memory in every DIMM.

I think when I used the stock BIOS on this rig I never had this problem. If my computer is not posting can I still hotflash the BIOS? If so could someone tell me how please? Thanks...

Anyone have any recommendations? I would like to get this computer working as soon as possible. I need it for school and do not have access to this computer all the time. Please help!!!

With the LE you should find best performance in orange slots.

If trying a single module always use the furthest orange slot from the cpu.

Try Clear CMOS

This should enable you to get into bios

Try the settings shown here (2 x 512MB) G.SKILL Extreme Series DDR550/ DDR600 TCCD

try with both modules if that doesn't work repeat with single module.

luck :)

Welp I have tried clearing overnight approx. 8hrs. I still can't get into the BIOS. The power LEDS are solid yellow so I am definatly getting power. When I press the power on the board all the red lights light up. The the one on the right will turn off leaving 3 red lights. Then the one on the far right will blink red and go back to three lit. I hear no beeps. I tried holding insert and hitting delete. I also have the system speaker on because when I put the memory in dimms 3 and 4 I get 3 red leds and a beep. I dunno what else to try.

Try a single module in the furthest orange slot from the cpu (if using single module always use the ones furthest from cpu)

Try removing everything Memory, gfx, drives & unplug any usb devices.

Try cmos clear again.

with power unplugged add 1 module gfx & ps2 keyboard.

I tried that earlier today at about 11:00am. I took everything out and I have it clearing now it's been about 3 hours. I just tried it again and still 3 freeking LEDS. Does anyone have the number to DFI? I tried calling the one on there website and its not in service.