She smacked up my Jetta!!!!!!!!

ReelFiles

I just gotta get this off my chest, I have a 2002 Jetta, just got it 3 months ago. My wife smacked it up. $6000 damage, the whole left side and a bit of the right front fender as well as my suspension are fubar. Thank "god" she's ok, and junior was with me.

I just paid 20 grand for it, from VW. They only certify cars that have never been in colissions and run carfax on them too, so my resale value is sh!t,now. I bought her 4 cars and she smacked up every one of them;

1996 Galant totalled after 1 year, engine seize3d up as we pulled into the cardealer's parking lot to sell it. Sold it and got $1200 for it.

1999 Jetta 4 accidents in 6 months, cracked engine block after 2 years, sold it, again got $2500 for it

2001 Accord destroyed front end. sold it for half the original resale value $8000.

2002 Jetta ...well you read.

The messed up thing is, she drives great when I am with her, this always happens when she's alone. I told her it's a break-in period, not a break within period. I think I have to mod her cars like a bumper car, A-Team style. I don't think I will ever buy her another car from a dealership agin, she just breaks them anyways. She likes the old-skool ElCaminos or Monte Carlos, so maybe i'll get her one of those next time.

Thanks for listening to me whine, just had to vent a bit.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww man! That completely sucks.

You may want to consider getting her one of those amusement park bumper cars. :D:);)

Better yet;

tank.jpg

I bought my last girlfriend a 74 Chevy pick-up. 3 accidents cost me a total of 1 bumper and a can of paint.

Now, that's what I am talking about, some low maintenace, no frills workhorse.

It seems auto manufacturers keep adding more computerized crap without fixing the older ones first, I'll be expecting a bsod on my car anytime now. I couldn't get my old Jetta started one time, because of a $7 relay. It cost me more to figure out what the problem was, than to actually fix it. That's just rediculous.

maybe she needs to take one of those defensive driving course........

She did, about 6 months ago, to lower our insurance, because of her previous accidents. I am not saying she's always at faul, cause that wouldn't be true. I just don't understand why it happens when I am not around, and why is it always the nice, good or new cars? Oh well, can't rain everyday, maybe we'll haver better luck next time.

Did you see that women on the news this week that got caought on tape putting her lipstick on and having no hands on the wheel. YEAH she got a ticket. Not saying thats your wifes problem but I knew a girl once that got in an accident in a empty parking lot crashing into a light poll. Girls are bad drivers. Ok there I said it. :D

.... Girls are bad drivers. Ok there I said it. :D

Actually my wife is a better driver than about 85% of the men I know, that's what's so messed up about it.I have a phobia of driving (bad accident when I was little, almost killed my sister, she's mentally retarted now), so my wife does all the driving in our household. I am a stay at home dad, trying to get my own pc tech business going.

Awesome thread! I love it.

CPDMF you are to funny. I think our lovely wives should have an A-Team modded vehicle with lots of steel around the car (I mean them wives hehe).

I was thinking the same thing, I looked a little bit, but couldn't find a pic of an A-Team miodified vehicle.

What is CPDMF?

Were all the accidents her fault?

Was she doing some other activity (talking on the cell, etc) when the accident occurred?

Actually most of them weren't her fault and at first I blamed the color of the car, cause my old Jetta was black, but this one is fire engine red, so I don't know.

Red20Jetta20Sevas203Twin.jpg

She has answered the cell couple of times, but not usually and she said she wasn't at the time.

Ha ha thats funny. That is strange. I think you guys need to have a serious talk about this. No one in my family has ever gotten into a car accident. My dad one time jack knifed his semi and went off a bridge. Oh yeah he hauls gas and jet fuel to military bases and gas stations. He walked away from it. :nod: