Sign in to follow this  
warzer

PSU req. Scary! 24pin +8pin?

Just need to know if i can use my current power until I order a newer psu?

I have 2 to choose from prefer to use antec true 430 20amp on 12v, 36a 5v, 28a 3.3v

I just want to make sure the pin difference will now blow something out. IF not i will at least attempt to see if it powers the system temporarly until i get a true 24pin.

THanks

War

I ran a 300w noname PSU with my system when my other PSU was in RMA. IMO you should be ok, but watch out for cold boot issues and hot air coing from your PSU.

What system are you using it in? What videocard is in there?

Thanks I will at least try.

New issues. I was looking through the suggestions psu's and i see that the expert now requires a 8pin 12volt most have 4 or 6pin. I was hoping for a modular psu but that seems to be out and i only see 1 psu with the 8pin requirement for the expert. any suggestions on what to do?

also are the 20+4 pins ok? they are on most of the recommended inclucing hte 530 ocz one. but again no 8pin.

War

New issues. I was looking through the suggestions psu's and i see that the expert now requires a 8pin 12volt most have 4 or 6pin. I was hoping for a modular psu but that seems to be out and i only see 1 psu with the 8pin requirement for the expert. any suggestions on what to do?

also are the 20+4 pins ok? they are on most of the recommended inclucing hte 530 ocz one. but again no 8pin.

Is this the EPS12V standard? I am having difficulties finding the 8pin, i looked at the mix of the enermax one recommended for the expert and the pics don't show an 8pin power.

but i did find this.

http://www.antec.com/specs/true550EPS12V_spe.html#

Pic of an 8pin plug http://www.antec.com/images/8pinatx12v.jpg

IS this what i am looking for? is this is atx 2.2 standard? or the 12veps standard?

Next is WTF is up with all the new pin configurations, it was 4 then dual 4, then 4 with floppy and molux, now its a 24pin native ( guessing not 20+4) + 8pin?

War

hmm i dunno, i had the same PSU in another mobo an Abit AV8, and the amps where too low, it would just stay in a boot cycle woudnt post, but i dunno if it applies to this mobo

haha we had the same idea, just i was a little slow to type it

Actually you didn't look at warzer's location... not sure Newegg can deliver over there in Japan, but I think Directron.com can :)

Btw, Directron.com has better prices on their power supply list... but its shorter.

newegg delevers here as i am on a navy base. SO i was reading up on this ocz stream that has the 2x4pin. I didn't think those would qualify as they arn't nativly that way. same with the 20+4 that come with that ocz psu.

THe modular is just something i wanted to clean the case but i don't think it will help much as i need all the cables i can get to power my 6 harddrives and 2cdroms. i was hoping for a good antec as thats my case and my old psu's that i have had good experance with.

the 8pin thing just blew my mind! :P is the 20+4 ping and 2x4pin ok to use? do they qualify as REQUIRED component from angry gamer?

Just want to make sure i got whats needed to have a trouble free op with this board since i causing myself enough grief by using mixed ram :( .

I LOVE NEWEGG :)

War

Thanks I tried to rename the title but it didn't take.

So is the ocz stream 520/600 still the recommended psu for the sli expert? with a opteron 170 dual?

Sign in to follow this