• XFX
    • eVGA
    • MSI
    • Gigabyte
    • InnoVISION
    • Leadtek
    • BFG
    • Other (please post)

I ordered the Evga 7900gt stock clocked 500/1500. But many bigger one are going 560/1650+ stock. These 79s are really nice. I believe they feature the same gpu as the 512 7900gtx version.(But the gtx runs more volts) Well see how it does. Monday or Tuesday well see. LOL (I'll post my vote then.) Most graphic's card are based on either the "nvidia" or "ati" manufactures referance cards anyway. I'm partial to "albatrons" But my "msi" is ok now that I got it properly cooled off.

If it works good OC's nice,and has some games I haven't solved with it "Evga" will get the vote.(It may without the games)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the 1.4 voltmod and got 640/1800 on my evga 7900 gt co's The memory is amazingly ocable. btw the score on one card at that speed got me over 10000 on 3dmark05 oh yeah and thats with stock cooling and no ram sinks

well BFG has had issues with a capacitor being not soldered on right, so it can arrive disconnected or be broken out of the box

i know 2 peopl with 2 BFGs

1. 7800 GT OC: his had the corner capacitor broken in 2, immediate RMA

2. 7900 GT: His had the capacitor fall into his hand when he opened the box, so he soldered it back on and it works fine (only did it because his warranty was void as soon as he modded teh volts)

I got the BFG 7900 GT OC from ZZF last week. It actually arrived the day after I ordered it, with next day air. :nod: And that only cost $14 and some change! :shake:

I picked the BFG because it was the ONLY card available... Well between the 3 or 4 major etailers. I think there was one eVGA 7800 GT for $319 and then the BFG for $339... It was a rough choice. But again, nobody had anything, GT wise (7800 or 7900) in stock. Looks like a few arrived in stock this morning, but last week... nothing.

I am very happy with the BFG although I have nothing to compare with. I got Oblivion the same day ther card arrived and it plays that with everything turned up very well. I think with two of these in SLi it would be flawless.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...