Goodbye ASUS! Hello DFI!

twisted5

I have the A8N32-Sli and have tested it alot, i switched to DFI cos of a few problems i had with that board. First off was the vcore, it overvolts by about 0.06v when idle and 0.04v when on load. Also i wasn't able to get the vcore to go above 1.5v even though you can select higher. Let's say you select 1.55v, the board will kick the voltage back down to like 1.47 lol. Then there's the overoltage function in the bios, basically enabling it gives another 200mv. But when i enabled it the damn board wouldn't post after a reboot.

Stick with DFI it's better for your health.. :)

I have read about that vcore problem, I saw two solutions and then a bios.

One person said they used the precentage and normal volts to achieve 1.5+

another solution was just leave it for 15 seconds or so when powered off then restart. It will either boot fine with 1.5 or inform you that 'overclocking failed...press f1 to setup' etc.

I also think there is a BIOS which fixes this problem. The board is still new but... as with all Asus products they do really work through the problems and really deliver stable goods.

In my case I have not exceeded 1.5v on my Opteron so I don't think it will be an issue. My problem is that my Ultra-D is placing two or more high IO devices on the same iRQ chain which renderd my machine unusable. I am really hoping the ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe will change that for me.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i switched from an Aopen board lol..... before that was Gigabyte and MSI and Asus too...... then before that i think was another gigabyte and then Abit....

never happier with DFI :)

1 thing that really really impress me is the stability of the overclock and BIOS..... how do i know? i can throw really funny, crazy, high numbers on BIOS and it will still boot! it might not go to Windows or even cd-rom boot, but i can always always ALWAYS go to BIOS. Never had to reset the CMOS ever.

thats DFI for you........

Guest Synchronize
My problem is that my Ultra-D is placing two or more high IO devices on the same iRQ chain which renderd my machine unusable. I am really hoping the ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe will change that for me.

I had an irq problem too with that board, what happened is when i had two gfx cards in SLi. I wanted to install my audigy2 but i couldn't put it in the pci slot next to the bottom card as there would be very little airflow. So i had to put it in the slot between the vid cards. Everything booted fine except my audigy was sharing the same irq as one of the vid cards. I tried everything to get the sound card to use it's own irq but nothing seemed to work.

LONG LIVE DFI :)