Difficulty Fitting CNPS9500

LiAM754

Hi Everyone, today i tried fitting in my new Zalman CNPS9500 LED CPU Cooler on my LanParty UT 250GB, seems that i could get the screw beneath the cooler in ok but there was no way i could screw in the top screw, and i think my only option is to take my motherboard out of my case completly to be able to fit the cooler, but that will be a reallt tough job aswell for me because my motherboard has seemed to get stuck in the case and with all the screws out the board seems to be stuck on some of the nipples (things that hold the motherboard in the case) and i have tried before trying to get the board out but it seems i could end up snapping it if worst happens. i have seen that you can only fit the fan correctly because of air flow, and i mean about the fan on the CPU having to face east, or can the fan be faced another way? because if i can rotate the cooler so the fan faces north or south i can fit it in then probably, help would be appriciated, Thanks - Liam

ok thanks for the answer but i thought it was recommended that the fan is faced towards the east because of air flow and that the hot air blows towards the bak end casr fan?

Towards the east? Just turn your computer to match . :)

I just put one on a 250GB the other day and it went very smooth, granted my board was out of the case at the time too. I have mine blowing air towards the back vents, dunno if thats what you were wanting to do but it seems to make sense to me.

Towards the east? Just turn your computer to match . :)

I just put one on a 250GB the other day and it went very smooth, granted my board was out of the case at the time too. I have mine blowing air towards the back vents, dunno if thats what you were wanting to do but it seems to make sense to me.

yeah thats what i mean its meant to blow towards out of the case.

ok thanks for the answer but i thought it was recommended that the fan is faced towards the east because of air flow and that the hot air blows towards the bak end casr fan?

It is recommended to set it up in that way, but if you can't get it to work it's not worth snapping your motherboard in half. If you have to go the other direction, make sure the fan in blowing upwards.

It is recommended to set it up in that way, but if you can't get it to work it's not worth snapping your motherboard in half. If you have to go the other direction, make sure the fan in blowing upwards.

so you mean the fan facing the PSU or fan facing the bottom of the case?

The fan side facing the bottom, it blows through the fins, from the fan to the back of the heatsink. If you face it the other way you'll be blowing hot air on your expansion cards, this way the hot air will be evacuated through your case fans or PSU.

The fan side facing the bottom, it blows through the fins, from the fan to the back of the heatsink. If you face it the other way you'll be blowing hot air on your expansion cards, this way the hot air will be evacuated through your case fans or PSU.

ok thanks for the advice i will try that, also can i clean thermal paste off with just tissue or do i really need that alcohol stuff aswell?

ok thanks for the advice i will try that, also can i clean thermal paste off with just tissue or do i really need that alcohol stuff aswell?

Go buy some 91% rubbing alcohol, you don't want any oil from your fingers cooking in there.