Some H/W questions

Look at the rig in my sign. Everything has worked extremely good with my former mainboards (SLI-DR, Ultra-D).

Was able to run my Twinmos @ Cas 1,5- 2- 2- 2 up to 260mhz @ 3,6V stable with both boards.

Also ran my CPU @ 2800mhz (255fsb) with mems running 255mhz rock stable with timings mentioned and those boards.

But now, after putting all the same H/W in my Expert card I cant O/C my mems at all.

Or, I can... But get BSOD every now and then...

No problems to O/C and run Prime, Sisoft sandra and so on... It can handle all benchmarks I give it. But suddenly when I open up INternet explorer and visit a local swedish site I get BSOD. First time it happened I just thought it was a little voltage problem. Inceased voltage on both cpu and mem... Same result...

Ive heard that Expert cards are a little demanding regards to PSU and memory.

My psu doesnt have the 24 pin or the 8 pin 12V. I use a 20----->24 pin adaptor but only have the 4 pin 12V connected. Could this be why my machine get BSODs? Or should I simply just change to another set of ram? Shouldnt my computer shut down when benchmarking if PSU or RAM is the reason why I get BSOD?

I´m really pissed when paying 2100skr (300$) and all I get is trouble.

BTW.... Heard that installing the Nvidia IDE driver is a big NO NO. Could that be the reason to my problems? Yes, I have installed it.....

Hope you all can understand my crappy english...

I can't believe that you had the same results both successful with Ultra-D and SLI-DR. Congrats! Usually if you get a certain setting overclock stable on ULTRA-D it would be the same on another Ultra-D, get where i'm going with this. I've noticed that the Expert has this 8pin power connector, does anyone know if that's the problem he is having. The PC Cool products have the connector anyone? I would try to get a compatible PSU for that board, really......

I can't believe that you had the same results both successful with Ultra-D and SLI-DR. Congrats! Usually if you get a certain setting overclock stable on ULTRA-D it would be the same on another Ultra-D, get where i'm going with this. I've noticed that the Expert has this 8pin power connector, does anyone know if that's the problem he is having. The PC Cool products have the connector anyone? I would try to get a compatible PSU for that board, really......

HAd the SLI-DR as my first DFI mainboard, saw an O/C article with the UltraD and twinmos SP somewhere. Applied same settings to my SLI-DR and it came out great. Later I changed to the UltraD mainboard, and as you know the settings worked great even then. But now I cant O/C my RAMs at all if I want the machine to be stable. Even at SPD settings but increased fsb and voltage it BSODs.

I would suggest as before getting the right motherboard for it, maybe that's your issue. I mean it has a 24pin power connector and an 8pin right? You have only a 4pin on that 8pin, NOT GOOD. I really hope someone comes in here to guide you cause i'm out of ideas....sorry bro....

I don't think the lack of 24 pin is helping any. it is supposed to work with a 4 pin rather than 8 pin.

There may be a driver issue re the Nvidia Network manager, i know it gve me issues (bsods & stuttering) & i now run the Marvel Lan, may be worth trying.

luck :)

BTW.... Heard that installing the Nvidia IDE driver is a big NO NO. Could that be the reason to my problems? Yes, I have installed it.....

This could be your problem also. Also try looking in the database for your ram and expert board. I read somewhere that there are some ram settings that are very important on the expert board inorder to get stability.

This could be your problem also. Also try looking in the database for your ram and expert board. I read somewhere that there are some ram settings that are very important on the expert board inorder to get stability.

If I may say so.... I think this mainboard is CRAP. Alot of money for a piece of hardware that doesnt work with almost anything. I thought that I payed for stability, compability and the ability to clock the . out of my cpu and ram.

I give DFI 2 weeks from today, if theres no bios to increase compability within that time I will simply break the darn board over my knee and never buy a DFI again.

Wow. You trash the DFI motherboard & yet you are using a PSU that I believe doesn't have the 8-pin power connector that the board requires.

I suggest during those 2 weeks you locate a PSU that can properly power your board before breaking it. In fact, I'll pay the postage & take care of it myself.

Sheesh.

I thought that I payed for stability, compability and the ability to clock the . out of my cpu
If u have any experience of overclocking etc., you'll realise that stability & clock the . out of are often mutually exclusive.

You are not running with recommended components 24pin PSU see YOU NEED A 24 PIN PSU TO MAKE THE NF4 BOARD WORK PROPERLY & blame DFI>

the expert can be tricky to set up NF4 Expert - DFI LanParty NF4 Expert - initial impressions

luck :)

*lol* Forgot to mention.... Installed a 620W Enermax today and still the same problems... Thats why i lost my temper. I´m not a newbie O/C, but not the best either. And when things give me trouble like this mainboard, I just want to trow the thing in the garbage bin.