Sign in to follow this  
LOUISSSSS

kingston ram + DFI LANPARTY? bad?

since my 2 x 1gb ocz plat. ram isn't here yet i've been running my kingston 2 x 512 3-3-3-8 ram in my dfi lanparty ultra-d board. i've yet to finish prine95 torture test and super pi, get errors in both. sometimes get random restarts and random BSOD's which encoding dvd and playing CSS

so i took out one of the 512 sticks and left one in the far-most ram slot away from the cpu. still have problems... anyone have any solutions or ideas for me?

do you think i'll still have these problems with those torture tests with the OCZ Platinum 2 x 1gb 2-3-2-5 ram?

kingston ram is not recommended for dfi boards, check the ram sticky under the recommendations forum

once u get ur ocz u should be fine

I have the Kingston HyperX BH-5 RAM and it works flawlessly. Not sure that the Value RAM will work as well though, as that is what you are most likely experiencing LOUISSSSS.

kingston ram is not recommended for dfi boards, check the ram sticky under the recommendations forum

once u get ur ocz u should be fine

Maybe you should use (Kingston is not recommended for Dfi boards ON this site) Because it is on the working list at DFI.There many people that dont have any problems with it. Its the ones that dont know what there timmings do or just leave them on auto and exspect it to work ;)