Sign in to follow this  
UncleDavid218

Newegg.com + 7900GT = NIGHTMARE

why blame Newegg??? :confused:

Looks to me like...

First, it was probably UPS fault for the damage. I doubt newegg would ship a obviously damaged box.....but who knows. But definetly UPS's fault for running away, knowing the package was damaged, and not getting a response from the buyer.

Second, newegg said they would replace the side cover, they put the order in for him, but then after days and not getting it, the order disappears? That is solely on newegg...not UPS.

so both are at fault, and imo fault is leaning more towards newegg, because regardless of who damaged the box, newegg said they would fix it, then didn't, and now ignoring the customer.

First, it was probably UPS fault for the damage. I doubt newegg would ship a obviously damaged box.....but who knows.

No, Newegg packaging is just lousy.

That makes their switch to UPS so bad. At least here the UPS packages are handled a lot rougher than Fedex, and in combination with Neweggs sub-par packaging that's an unfortunately combination.

Looks to me like...

First, it was probably UPS fault for the damage. I doubt newegg would ship a obviously damaged box.....but who knows. But definetly UPS's fault for running away, knowing the package was damaged, and not getting a response from the buyer.

Second, newegg said they would replace the side cover, they put the order in for him, but then after days and not getting it, the order disappears? That is solely on newegg...not UPS.

so both are at fault, and imo fault is leaning more towards newegg, because regardless of who damaged the box, newegg said they would fix it, then didn't, and now ignoring the customer.

Like I said, it was crappy that newegg did that to him and someone higher up in newegg probably saw the ticket for the replacement and thought, why should we pay for something that UPS damaged and then canceled it. Yeah, someone from Newegg should have notified him that it was being canceled but what you are saying is that if I purchased something from you in perfect condition, you shipped it to me in perfect condition box and all. When it arrived at my door there was a hole in the box and a dent in the side cover and I contacted you to replace it, you would more than likely tell me that I would need to contact UPS. I know I would not replace it. Plus, everything that is shipped by UPS has a minimum of $100 insurance, so it would not have been a problem.

So, with that being said, I apologize for the highjack of the thread, but I just don't see the logic behind some of your answers on that. Newegg should have contacted him on that, but hey, these things happen because no one is perfect.

Guest YuKoN

The topic at hand-

Newegg will fix you up. you'll get your 7900 and all will be well with the world- sorry bout the delay. mistakes like that aren't that common, but this IS newegg's fault.

The secondary topic-

Sucks about the case- I've been victim to UPS damage- and could've returned my Nokia 21" CRT- but shipping on 70 lbs of monitor was worse than the crack in the case when it arrived in it's mangled box. I'm still using it now.......

I'd use this as an opportunity to fabricate a cool side panel to repair or replace the damaged part. might be fun- just a thought......

I have a real problem with UPS.

Since Katrina hit down here, UPS has used it as an excuse to delay delivery. Several of my vendors only ship UPS so I have to build a two to three day delay into my quotes.

The packages are always in terrible condition. I've even gotten boxes with tire tracks on them. How the hell does that happen.

UPS only delivers once a day.

FedEx will deliver three times a day. Once for overnight, once for regular service and once for Ground.

UPS is less expensive but you get what you pay for.

BTW At the house my FedEx guy will place the packages over the fence on a shelf I built. The UPS guy just tosses eveything on the front porch in plain view then ring the doorbell and take off.

similar newegg nightmare, two weekends ago i ordered a bunch of new hardware including sapphire x1900xt. I paid $30.00 in shipping for standard fedex overnight, so that tuesday i received it. I was so happy couldnt wait to compare. Well i installed it. The card was real slow then after an hour of installing drivers and configuring i started getting tracks on my screen and artifacts, then system crashing then wierd characters on boot. I couldnt believe it. Well i shipped it to newegg for $10UPS it wasn't worth it to spend 70 to get it to them this past monday well hopefully i'll get it this friday or if im unlucky monday . Thing is I paid a total of $40 extra and a waste of alot of time and energy to wait 2 weeks to get my card..

PS I've had 2 defective Nvidia cards :P

I have a good friend that works for UPS he ships everything by FedEx most of the people I know that have worked there do the dame.

Now that newegg shipps UPS I have ben looking elseware yes I can pay extra for Fed Ex I can pay to have it deleverd before 430 but why? UPS usualy trys to delever after 7PM even if they are already a day late and I am at work by then. Honistly it is usually quicker to get it by US mail than UPS that is sad. ZZF has free second day Fed Ex shipping on a lot of there stuff and cheaper too.

As to the worng order I would be calling and recalling every day untill my card got shipped or I got a full refund.

For the guys saying to complain to UPS about the damaged case you guys obviously have not tried to get mony out of them they will refer you to the shipper and have them send you the refund- so it is on new egg to fix the problem any way you look at it. dont forgete Newwegg chose UPS as the main shipper to get a volume discount.

If newegg is not willing to give a compeditive price on Fed Ex shipping then there are plenty of other companys that will.

Neweggs service has slipped no question it is still good but all the hassle of getting your order now is just not worth it.

Sorry to hear about the swaparoo on the card. Hope you end up getting your 7900GT!

I've had minor problems with Newegg and MAJOR problems with UPS. All shippers suck though. I've had problems with like every one...:rolleyes:

Personally, I've been ordering parts from ZipZoomFly more often the Newegg lately. They usually beat Newegg in prices a lot of the time, plus have better shipping. That said, I also have had decent luck with ClubIT. I got my CM Stacker 830 there for $30 cheaper then anywhere else, PLUS it had free 3 day shipping, which saved me another $17 - $30!

Well, you have to know how to handle the situation with UPS to get your money, as with every other shipping co. I myself used to work for a major shipping company like UPS for 10+ years, so I know how everything works. I have recieved money back from UPS before because of a shipment being damaged, but I guess that is where my experience comes in.

I just don't see the logic behind some of your answers on that. Newegg should have contacted him on that, but hey, these things happen because no one is perfect.

I totally agree that it probably was not newegg's fault INITIALLY. But once they said they would take care of it, they should have. Maybe someone higher up did decide otherwise, but they still shouldn't go back on their word. Besides, what's a side cover to a case.. to them. Almost nothing, and if that means keeping a customer, keeping their word, and POSSIBLY fixing a problem that was theirs from the start, then they had alot to gain, from this rather inexpensive item.